Bob Shoop named FootballScoop Defensive Coordinator of the year

These kind of posts are either water under the bridge at best or salt in a wound at worst. Please no mas....

Awesome. We get him early next year unless he moves onward and upward. Can't wait. Hope Guaranto's preps have worked their way through his system by then, because he'll probably be getting a good cleansing that night.

giphy.gif

I suspect either our players just didn't buy in or were unmotivated. Or possibly the HC disallowed Shoop running the defense his way.

Reactions: igotworms
I suspect either our players just didn't buy in or were unmotivated. Or possibly the HC disallowed Shoop running the defense his way.
I don't think it would be fair to discount all of the injuries he had to deal both years. That being said, I always liked Shoop and I knew he would do well at MSU (not THAT well, lol).

Personally, I think his poor tenure was related to a few things: Players being no where near their recruiting rankings (Butch was just a star gazer), the aforementioned injuries, and Shoop not fully implementing his scheme and trying to assimilate into Butch's culture, which he implied in an interview earlier this season. Oh well, what could have been, SMH.

Reactions: WoodsmanVol
These kind of posts are either water under the bridge at best or salt in a wound at worst. Please no mas....
I think it's relevant on a couple of levels: 1) It's an indicator of just how big of a rebuild Coach Pruitt has in front of him and 2) To a degree, this vindicates Coach Shoop, I believe... Obviously Coach Shoop has to shoulder a lot of the blame for the poor performances on defense - and believe me, I was just a furious with him as most - but I believe this shows what kind of Coach we really had leading our defense.

Just even more proof of how bad Botch actually was. Hell, Botch wanted to leave in 2016 but no school wanted him. So what did he do? He amped up his sabotage of the program.

Congrats to Shoop. I hope he has continued success.

Reactions: igotworms
Thanks to that loaded defense Mullen left him in bottom feederville Mississippi

He should seriously send a thank you card to Mullen and Grantham
Good reason UT fans should be miserable. Look at what Mullen did at MSU. He’s already light years ahead at UF.

VN Store

Back