Bob Kesling interviews Danny White

If you cut your teeth on Tennessee football with John "Give...Him...Six" Ward and Bill Anderson the follow up was going to be disappointing. And boy it was.
Blessed to have listened to John Ward from his first broadcasting days until he retired, then passed away. Nobody has b:cool:een better IMO. Kesling is pretty good at basketball, but his football play-by-play leaves much to be desired. That said, he's much better than most other announcers (i.e. the miserable guys at USCjr we listen to when driving to Myrtle Beach on football Saturdays). It could be worse.

AD White has a strong presence & obviously is right for the job. He hedged a bit on his answers during this interview, which is a good thing. Bet the guy's a good poker player.

Blob: We are joined on Vol calls tonight by new AD, Danny White, former Dallas Cowboys quarterback. Danny you look great for a man of 70. Bet you can still sling the ole pigskin,can’t you?
DW: Ummm, well, actually...
Blob: look, Vol fans...he’s humble too...what a turn of events...now let’s get Donny and me some more delicious Calhoun ribs.
Time for our first caller. What your question for Doug Whiting?
Caller: Cuh, cuh, cuh, cuh, Coach...I mean, A...D, D, D, D...this is Rog, Rog, Rog, Rog....er.
Blob: Sorry Roger, but we’ve run out of time. They got any dessert around here...Darrell, do you like Nanner pudding?
Hey now, don't mess with the manner pudding. Thems fighting words 😁

For you guys that can't stand Bob, listen to some of the other announcers from around the conference or country. There are some really bad one's out there.

Reactions: onevol74
I'm so tired of Bob. Bob to me represents the decade of dysfunction. Every time I hear his voice, I just drift back to "tennessee falls to florida....again." Or anything else negative.
Years ago while camping, We were listening to the game and Bob’s “play by play” was so bad we had no idea the down and distance, who actually carried the ball etc. after the initial anger, it became comical. Hope he has improved because he was all time bad that game. Now usually watch the games, football and basketball with no sound. TV announcers are equally bad.

Bob did a good job.
White is impressive.
He will BUILD an AGGRESSIVE Athletic’s program.
I trust he will find the right coach for us.

The other SEC schools don't want Tennessee to have Danny White. Send him back. He was too successful at UCF!

Reactions: Alto1
The only reason Bob is still calling games is that he owns the Vol Network. Bob and Tim need to retire.
I remember Bob calling Basketball for Jefferson Pilot, my mother hoped he would be John Wards replacement,she left this earth 15 years ago, I will always honor her wish. Reckon Bob owned Jefferson Pilot or maybe talent ? I walked by Bob at a football game years ago, he was a very nice gentleman and took the time to exchange greetings and well wishes.

Reactions: Border Vol
If Priest did the interview it would be "We've got Danny White, athletic director for the Vols athletic administration, uh Danny big press conference up there today, people flying around all over the place, looked like the family was all wearing orange, ok take us through that play"

Reactions: Border Vol

VN Store

Back