Bob Huggins wants NCAA Tournament to start next college basketball season.

I mean, I'd watch it. If there's no football season we're all going to be starved for some kind of sporting event.

Having said that, you can tell it's not a well thought out plan when he starts shooting holes in it himself.

I think it would be cool to do a 16 team tournament with whoever would have been those 16 teams. Bring the seniors back if you want. You could knock that out in 1 week all in 1 spot. All the proceeds to charity. Winner gets crowned as 2020 national champion.

Could be done in D2. Smaller logistics fewer games. LMU was on a 32 game winning streak about to host the regional and ranked second in the nation. Pretty confident in saying eventual national champs. I'm not sure about number of games but I think there would have been 6 including the natty.
I would imagine D1 would be far more complicated to start off a season. I'd definitely watch although some teams would be affected by eligibility rules graduation etc.
further complicating things. Pretty big umdertaking.

This virus is going to determine how things play out. While coaches are entitled to their opinions, they aren't going to lead to anything substantive. The wellbeing of this country, and by extension students and athletes, need to be the priority.

Reactions: sport3500
The players wouldn't get a year of eligibility back, so I'm guessing that rosters would be much different than what would have been March Madness this year. Its sad, but events happen, and we just have to move on. Hopefully this doesn't carry over into the Fall.

VN Store

Back