Bo Davis' coaching approach could result in possible opportunity with Tennessee

330 views .... and no comment.
i was kinda waiting to here what folks had to say on this one, and ain't nobody sayin!

Reactions: Volanta
Lomas Brown of the Lions discusses how Davis' approach could be a fit with Pruitt.

Bo Davis' coaching approach could result in 'possible opportunity' with Tennessee

Doubt Bo makes it to Knoxville. If so, we REALLY have problems...

”Alabama won't face any further punishment stemming from former Crimson Tide defensive line coach Bo Davis' NCAA violations, the NCAA announced Friday morning. Davis received a two-year show-cause penalty that will be in effect through April 13, 2019.”

Doubt Bo makes it to Knoxville. If so, we REALLY have problems...

”Alabama won't face any further punishment stemming from former Crimson Tide defensive line coach Bo Davis' NCAA violations, the NCAA announced Friday morning. Davis received a two-year show-cause penalty that will be in effect through April 13, 2019.”

If we're going to flip the NCAA the double barreled middle finger, it should be with Freeze. I know we're not talking apples to apples here, but if you're going to go down that road, do it right.

Bo should be at the top of the list. Had it not been for him taking the heat off of Saban he would probably already be a DC somewhere. He knows what it takes the build a quality program in the SEC. We need as much of that as we can get.

Reactions: vettefool
No thank you. He’s a loser already with coaching the lions are a bad team and we don’t need anymore Bama assistants that haven’t had any luck once leaving Saban.
tenor.gif

What the truth hurts. How many coaches outside of Kirby has been successful after they left saban. And how many Saban and Bama assistants have Tennessee hired and it has been a complete disaster. We need coaches that can coach kids up not coaches that look good coaching 5* elite talent at all levels of the field.

Reactions: Tnslim1
What the truth hurts. How many coaches outside of Kirby has been successful after they left saban. And how many Saban and Bama assistants have Tennessee hired and it has been a complete disaster. We need coaches that can coach kids up not coaches that look good coaching 5* elite talent at all levels of the field.
So on this line of thinking Pruitt shouldn't hire Lupoi either right? Davis is a very good DL coach. The NCAA violations were minor until he lied during the interview....nearly same situation as Pearl.

So on this line of thinking Pruitt shouldn't hire Lupoi either right? Davis is a very good DL coach. The NCAA violations were minor until he lied during the interview....nearly same situation as Pearl.
what I am saying is that players of the caliber that play at Alabama can make an average coach look great especially when coaching under the greatest coach of all time. I’m not saying some of these coaches are bad but you can most definitely tell a big difference in the way they coach when they leave Bama. There’s a reason why saban has never lost to an assistant coach that has coaches under him. Part of it may be that he is that great and he’s such a control freak and controls 100% of all on the field play and plus more and then when the assistants leave they don’t have saban to help anymore and all of sudden they forgot how to coach. Kirby is the exception as far as being successful. I’m not saying Pruitt won’t succeed and I truly hope he does but at some point we have to hire proven coaches that are established at there craft and not coaches that are up and coming with no experience.

Reactions: vettefool
No thank you. He’s a loser already with coaching the lions are a bad team and we don’t need anymore Bama assistants that haven’t had any luck once leaving Saban.
I guess you did not see the Dolphins while Saban was their coach? NFL results does not equal NCAA results.

what I am saying is that players of the caliber that play at Alabama can make an average coach look great especially when coaching under the greatest coach of all time. I’m not saying some of these coaches are bad but you can most definitely tell a big difference in the way they coach when they leave Bama. There’s a reason why saban has never lost to an assistant coach that has coaches under him. Part of it may be that he is that great and he’s such a control freak and controls 100% of all on the field play and plus more and then when the assistants leave they don’t have saban to help anymore and all of sudden they forgot how to coach. Kirby is the exception as far as being successful. I’m not saying Pruitt won’t succeed and I truly hope he does but at some point we have to hire proven coaches that are established at there craft and not coaches that are up and coming with no experience.
Both Bo Davis are Lupoi are acknowledged home run position coaches outside of Saban. That’s never been an issue with his coaches. Maybe some that went on to be HC’s...but many of them are successful cept against him.

VN Store

Back