Bloody Tuesdays

lawgator1

I know you guys and gals are focusing now on LSU, as you should, but this is a quick article on Meyer and his approach to toughness. This is exactly what the doctor ordered for Florida:

"Watch the fourth quarters of Florida's games closely, and you'll notice something interesting.

The Gators are running and flying all over the field on every play. There is no huffing, no puffing, no late-game fatigue. This is by design, and it starts with what are called Bloody Tuesdays.

Under Coach Urban Meyer, Tuesday practices have become a physical test so strenuous, players say games are that much easier.

"This whole season, I haven't even been winded in a game," DE Jeremy Mincey said. "You don't know how hard you work until you get in the game and the game's a lot slower than practice."

Decking players in full pads and pushing them to the limit, Bloody Tuesdays are one of Meyer's many schemes to avoid late-game collapses.

It worked wonders Saturday. After surrendering 70 rushing yards in the first half, the Gators actually improved after halftime, limiting the Volunteers to minus-4 rushing yards during the second half."

I think UT has implemented something similar on Tuesdays, its a variation of the Tennessee drill. In this variation, Ainge drops back and intentionally tries to throw the ball in the dirt, 4 yards in front of the receiver. Hopefully, on game night he we actually hit the receiver in the chest.

Originally posted by oklavol@Sep 21, 2005 1:02 PM
I think UT has implemented something similar on Tuesdays, its a variation of the Tennessee drill.  In this variation, Ainge drops back and intentionally tries to throw the ball in the dirt, 4 yards in front of the receiver.  Hopefully, on game night he we actually hit the receiver in the chest.
[snapback]148095[/snapback]​

hahaha, good one

It worked wonders Saturday. After surrendering 70 rushing yards in the first half, the Gators actually improved after halftime, limiting the Volunteers to minus-4 rushing yards during the second half."
I didn't know we even attempted to rush in the second half? (Riggs had 6 carries I think). Couple that with long snapping the ball between the QB's legs and that's what you get, -4.

I haven't watched the game again, but IMHO Fla didn't stop UT's run game. UT quit running - period.

Other than that props are due to Fla for conditioning better under Meyer. :blink:

Great. On top of an excessive amout of Meyer crap during the off-season....we continue getting it after the uf/ut game

Awesome.

Just what I want to see on a UT board

Originally posted by lawgator1@Sep 21, 2005 12:49 PM
I know you guys and gals are focusing now on LSU, as you should, but this is a quick article on Meyer and his approach to toughness.  This is exactly what the doctor ordered for Florida:
"Watch the fourth quarters of Florida's games closely, and you'll notice something interesting.

The Gators are running and flying all over the field on every play. There is no huffing, no puffing, no late-game fatigue. This is by design, and it starts with what are called Bloody Tuesdays.

Under Coach Urban Meyer, Tuesday practices have become a physical test so strenuous, players say games are that much easier.

"This whole season, I haven't even been winded in a game," DE Jeremy Mincey said. "You don't know how hard you work until you get in the game and the game's a lot slower than practice."

Decking players in full pads and pushing them to the limit, Bloody Tuesdays are one of Meyer's many schemes to avoid late-game collapses.

[snapback]148091[/snapback]​

Lawgator, if they continue to only put up 16 points on SEC teams, the defense better be ready in the second half. They did seem to be very well conditioned, but still searching for identity as well.

VN Store

Back