Blocked Punt

chattavol2

Guy's i watched the game on tv where were the penalties on the blocked punt.They did not show them tv.

The personal foul was for a late hit and then the unsportsmanlike conduct was for Ellix Wilson getting up after the block and taking his helmet off in celebration before he left the field.

Better yet, the refs need to be seriously repremanded for the interference call in the "zone". Not for this games sake, but for the remaining seasons' sake.
P.S. Out of all of my years @ games I've NEVER heard our stadium like it was during this game. The fans deserve a TON of credit for their involvement. I'm partial because I was there, but Ga was really shaken by it......and in my expieriences that is RARE

You are correct. That pass interference call was absolutely brutal.

Better yet, the refs need to be seriously repremanded for the interference call in the "zone". Not for this games sake, but for the remaining seasons' sake.
P.S. Out of all of my years @ games I've NEVER heard our stadium like it was during this game. The fans deserve a TON of credit for their involvement. I'm partial because I was there, but Ga was really shaken by it......and in my expieriences that is RARE

I was there and I cannot speak today. Thanks

Maybe this is a start for the vols getting their home field advantage back.:dance2:

Just for the record, there's a football icon that eveyone can use. It kind of confuses me when I see the Tennessee basketball icon with the words "blocked punt" to the right of it.

I was there and I cannot speak today. Thanks
One of you guys start a post about this.....I'm too drained. Lots of years and NOTHING comparable. Even the "elder" among us were nuts. I can not tell you how that experience with my ninth grade son registers in my mind. Tears and chills that I don't know if I'll ever repeat...especially while livivng in "contested" territory down here on the border. I also have to say that I live with some serious harrasment from friends and colleagues, but with the exception of a few departing third quarter birds shot @ us I am VERY proud of the enviroment of respect and brotherhood that I hope will be @ Sanford next year......come dog fans....SURPRISE me

The personal foul was for a late hit and then the unsportsmanlike conduct was for Ellix Wilson getting up after the block and taking his helmet off in celebration before he left the field.

"Late hit" was what I heard. But shouldn't that automatically give GA first-down?

That pass int call was one of the worst pass int calls I have seen in many years of watching football. It is especially concerning when you consider there have been so many missed pass int calls this season. To miss the obvious ones and call that one is pathetic.

Speaking of horrible calls...I know most of you did not watch the Washington State/Arizona State game. But, Arizona State could have easily lost. Washington State threw a TD pass and a ref in absolutely great position blew the call saying he bobbled it. They reviewed it and the review booth blew the call as well by not overturning the ruling. It is not the first time I have seen play review used poorly. Why waste our time using play review if you can't make some easy reversals that I have seen missed?

Speaking of punts.

Hefney has no confidence in returning them. This guy is fair catching the ball with tacklers 15 yards away.

What about the review of the kickoff return in the LSU/Fla game ..how long does it take to see that he steps out at the 13?

i was there as well with some of my uga friends. that was all they could talk about after the game, how loud it was. i couldn't believe we made it so loud. it was insane. that has to be the loudest environment staffords ever played in (remember, uga fl game is in jacksonville). I was definitely proud to be a VOL yesterday!

As far as crowd noise, I was there and also can't speak today. My ears definitely hurt at times as well. I think it's been louder during recent Florida games and California, but it was definitely up there.

I noticed on 3rd downs especially, the crowd noise was making those tv monitors hanging from the upper deck pulsate.

VN Store

Back