Black jerseys to be auctioned (merged)

For as long as I can remember UT colors were orange & White, I have been a vol fan for over 50 years and have always supported the vols good & bad. I don't like the idea of black uniforms but once a year I can live with. Supporting black lives matter will lose me. UT can donate or support many good causes but black lives matter are a branch of the democrat far left. Why can't we support ALL LIVES MATTER. I love the vols but refuse to support them if they support such a racist group like blackl lives matter.

Sadly, it's not surprising at all. Funny how something can happen and one's true self is shown. It's some sad times that we're living in. I'm glad the players are able to open up and talk to Pruitt and he's receptive and actually listening to his players. Bless him because so many don't want to have a REAL conversation and only keep blinders on. SMDH.

Pruitt may have been raised in the middle of racism (Hickville AL) but his heart is bigger than his background.

Thank God.

Boy, this is a goofy post. Society makes fun of people with baseless phobias all the time. How in the world is this any different?

I make fun of people that are scared of airplanes. People that are scared of sharks and spiders are laughed at online- so are white people that won't go to black neighborhoods, when statistically they're more likely to be victimized than a black person by a white cop. Pick whatever you want, we can go there.

Empathy and love would be helping people get past their irrational fears, not pandering to them. What's better for the "community" in the long run?

So you think police brutality on African Americans is an "irrational fear" that is comparable to being scared of an airplane, sharks and spiders. and you call my post goofy. I mean this with all sincerity, get some professional help. You needs some deep and intensive treatment, a couple of sesssions is not going to be enough. If not, and you think that statement is normal for the year 2020, I would love for you to tell everyone your name and profession. I just think it is a good idea for the masses to uncloak the real issue of racism and keep you and your kind away from me and my family and all the other normal people. Also don't procreate!

You do know that police changing their policies for minorities also positively changes them for the majority. So if you oppose African Americans bringing about that change it sounds like you are displeased with the group doing it and the fact that it changed. Some people would call that insensitive, I on the other hand would call that racist. If it walks like a duck.......
I'm not displeased with anything that brings about change short of riots and violence. I do disagree, however, with folks pretending like police malpractice is only an African American issue. It is 100% an American issue. Calling me racist is fresh btw considering you have not only never met me but also know nothing about me. Please provide one shred of evidence from any of my posts that is racist in any shape, form, or fashion. It's ok, I'll wait! What is clear though is that since I don't agree with you whole-heartedly, I must be racist in your mind. That in itself is discriminatory. You and others that think the way you do, are a big part of the problem. You simply refuse to have a conversation without name calling and accusations. Who is really the bigot here?

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
I'm not displeased with anything that brings about change short of riots and violence. I do disagree, however, with folks pretending like police malpractice is only an African American issue. It is 100% an American issue. Calling me racist is fresh btw considering you have not only never met me but also know nothing about me. Please provide one shred of evidence from any of my posts that is racist in any shape, form, or fashion. It's ok, I'll wait! What is clear though is that since I don't agree with you whole-heartedly, I must be racist in your mind. That in itself is discriminatory. You and others that think the way you do, are a big part of the problem. You simply refuse to have a conversation without name calling and accusations. Who is really the bigot here?

It is you, you are the bigot. If you need help on how I was able to discern that read my posts, read your disagreement, read my response and then read your last one. That should pretty much sum it up for you. Another point to consider is it is sorta self-serving to tell yourself you are not something, especially racist. If that was the case most people, except the most blatant intolerant and small minded person, would say they aren't racists. The proof is in their words and actions. That is why it is important for you to read closely what I said. Just simply support these Student-Athletes out of kindness and empathy. If you can't do that despite their struggles for understanding and acceptance then it must be for some other reason, which all points to bigotry. Maybe some self-reflection and soul searching would do you some good.

It's called Pandering, and frankly, It's not a good look. Maybe Pruitt just doesn't understand ? Or he is getting some bad advice. Coaches really need to straddle the fence on this one, look after their players, but don't go Political. Too many enemies to be made either way.
Considering that 85% of the team is young black men i dnt think Coach is out of line at all. It aint about politics its about supporting his guys. When he sat in their living rooms he made a promise to their parents that he would help mold them into men. This is part of that. I dnt understand why people are trying to make it a democrate vs republican issue. It really just sounds like a fancy way to say black vs white to me bc i know for a fact that there are republicans that support the BML movement. When u straddle the fence it turns into the Dabo situation. The only thing that really matters is what those 100 or so kids on his team thinks. He could just sit back and stfu like most people do but instead he is chosing to take a stand with his team. Its very important that coach goes above an beyond for his guys bc this is an issue that just about every player on the team will face throughout their lives. So what if it makes enemies. Change is never easy but anything is better then going backwards.

Reactions: Dumbledorange
He’s doing what he is being told to do. It’s PR nothing else

So you know Coach Pruitt? Can you tell him I need an autograph, maybe some sideline passes. I mean, heck you most know him really, really well for him to confide in you the charade his pulling on everyone. So he told you, "I really don't believe in BLN, but these dumb jocks and recruits think I do, so I am going to win a Natty in these black uniforms."

Damn, I am new here, forgot the dang blue ink!

That is absolutely hilarious. First of all I would love to know how much you give a year and the finite percentage that is to the UTAD budget. And somehow you think your voice matters, that is a riot. Compare that to the amount of money that black Student-Athletes generate and yet you still wonder why they are not listing to your narrow view of social issues. America has shifted, we are going to see a lot more peaceful protests in athletics at the pro and college level. Corporate sponsors are seeing this - look at all the logo changes this week alone. I promise you, the University of Tennessee is not going to get caught on the wrong side of this issue. And you not going to a game or two and eating a couple of hot dogs is not a legitimate concern to them. Young Americans support equality on all fronts and if you are not with them, again I suggest getting out of the way so you don't get rolled over.
Equality to commit felonies without the fear of being arrested or stopped 😂

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
If you don't know what institutional racism entails, I don't have the time or energy to explain to you what is going on in America and with the University of Tennessee Football team. Just dig deeper and stick your head a little further down. The world will be a better place when you pull it back out.
Unicorns are fun too

Equality to commit felonies without the fear of being arrested or stopped 😂

Well I know you may not know this but "Law and Order" actually means you get a fair shot at a trial with a jury. Also, not all felonies require the death penalty. So I man getting shot in the back or suffocated because a knee was on his back is not really the same thing. You do know that right. I doubt you have a law degree, but that should be common knowledge.

It is you, you are the bigot. If you need help on how I was able to discern that read my posts, read your disagreement, read my response and then read your last one. That should pretty much sum it up for you. Another point to consider is it is sorta self-serving to tell yourself you are not something, especially racist. If that was the case most people, except the most blatant intolerant and small minded person, would say they aren't racists. The proof is in their words and actions. That is why it is important for you to read closely what I said. Just simply support these Student-Athletes out of kindness and empathy. If you can't do that despite their struggles for understanding and acceptance then it must be for some other reason, which all points to bigotry. Maybe some self-reflection and soul searching would do you some good.
I don't need to read anything again. You judged me not the other way around. I asked you for a shred of evidence to support your assumption, and you can't give one. Bless your heart! If you are not open-minded enough to see that this is not an issue only affecting one group, keep on getting your feelings hurt because people don't see things the way you do. Should we create movements one race at a time until things are better, or should reform come in a manner to benefit everyone? Try to have a good day! I'm done communicating with someone as emotional as you.

Well I know you may not know this but "Law and Order" actually means you get a fair shot at a trial with a jury. Also, not all felonies require the death penalty. So I man getting shot in the back or suffocated because a knee was on his back is not really the same thing. You do know that right. I doubt you have a law degree, but that should be common knowledge.
Lol yea a child abuser who assaulted two officers and stole their weapon and got shot while using it on them isn’t his fault at all. And since you don’t know who I am and you appear to be a “new” poster I’ll just laugh to myself

VN Store

Back