Black jerseys look to be Official

I don't believe the uniform actually had a "T" on the chest at all. I think that's entirely made up by whoever created that poster, a half-century or more later.

And not only that, but the poster makers got the year wrong. We didn't adopt black jerseys until, I think, 1911. Before that, our lads were wearing white baseball uniforms.
That’s sorta what I was suspecting. Kinda crappy of the poster maker to ruin the authenticity

@DeerPark12 any updates on black helmets?

They put in an order for them back in the spring, but there was no guarantee of when they would arrive. I don’t know if their arrival will dictate the timing of wearing the black uniforms or not.

The retailers had a hold on the black jerseys until October 4 since they received them. I don’t think it means they were being worn this week or next week specifically. I doubt they will trot them out at noon on Saturday, we will see what game time ends up being for Ole Miss.

They are not official yet. The football department is actually against them, so they still haven't decided.

Whoa. When @DeerPark12 speaks, I listen. Black helmets, black/orange pants and black jerseys would look incredibly intimidating.

The Ole Miss game is a 7:30pm kickoff. Could be setting up nicely.

Reactions: tbones0711
It definitely added to it, and to each their own on jersey preference, I like doing new things once or twice a year. Keeps it fun for fans and athletes, but that’s solely my opinion.
As long as we keep Bama and Vandy some combo of orange and white, I am all for a well done alternate uni once a season.

Reactions: StoneColdStunner
So I like the black jerseys. But my question is regard to the Kiffin effect. Some say we are doing to troll him. But I ask....Are we sure thats trolling him and not honoring him since he had us wear them in 09?🤔

Reactions: NighthawkVol
8A5B34CD-FA57-461C-BF8D-E169310B05F5.jpeg

Huh…….I suddenly have a bunch of new Tennessee gear…….I didn’t even know I had.

Or rather didn’t know was Tennessee gear.

Did someone fiddle with the camera settings for those photos? The black seems to have an almost blue tint to it - I'm going to hope that's just the lighting. I don't know if they were just using outdoor natural light or what, but they are not good photos.

Otherwise, that design is just ... eh? Meh. Black jersey, orange numeral, have a nice day. I'm surprised. It halfway feels like something people felt obligated to do, but didn't really have their heart in it. Sort of a "here, just make the damn black jerseys already so they'll stop talking about them." The Smokey Grays run laps around them. That's a pass from me. Not the Judge Dredd kind of pass, either. The other kind. The hard kind. Maybe they'll surprise me in the store but I'm doubting it.

Last edited:
Funny several people have told dude his chart is from some random Twitter guy, but it's correct up to this point. Lol.
But it is from random uniform Twitter guy Chad Fields. He loves everything about football unis. I don’t think he has inside info, but he’s always making suggestions . One thing is for sure, he wouldn’t go out of his way to advocate for Black uniforms. And I don’t blame him.

VN Store

Back