Bjorkland???????

ejb8910

Does anyone think she may have gotten tired as the season has rolled on???She was awesome early but has not connected much lately. I thought she would be huge down the stretch but wonder about her being a freshman and maybe getting tired as the season goes along. High school to college is a huge jump.

As she became more of a threat during the season teams started face guarding her on the perimeter. But I think if you total her points from the last 4 games it comes to a grand total of about 5. Something besides poor shooting might be going on, as you said.

Does anyone think she may have gotten tired as the season has rolled on???She was awesome early but has not connected much lately. I thought she would be huge down the stretch but wonder about her being a freshman and maybe getting tired as the season goes along. High school to college is a huge jump.

Can you say the word SLOW! She has such poor speed that she is a liability on defense and on offense, she is guarded easily by someone who doesn't have to be right with her every second. That causes problems for other shooters. She can't get open on her own, and she is too slow to take advantage of the picks and screens.

She's a great shooter, but can't get open.

the same problem that Zolman did! She's not athletic enough to get open and has trouble creating her own shot--and when you are playing the 3 spot (or the 2--which Zolman played), you have to be able to create off the dribble! She is a heady player--got a good game-- but she's not quick--and basketball is a game of quickness. Angie will be OK--she'll be better than Zolman, who could basically do little except shoot treys when left open--but lack of quickness is an issue. She may also be tired.

Cait and the shooting guard on the team (forget her name) from Indiana are the same way--solid but not as athletic as you'd like at this level. The athleticism issue is made worse, IMO, because Summitt's teams do not move and pass the ball well. If they did, Bjorkland might have a few more uncontested shots. But Summitt's offense usually boils down to getting it to the best player and hoping she can score. That puts more of a premium, sadly, on creating your own shot.

is why it was important to get shannon bobbitt to UT with her speed. i know she gets a bad rap on here, but before she got here players like zolman, sidney spencer, etc. had absolutly no speed at the guard position and players like ivory latta, lindsey harding, etc. would dust them in the tournament. pat needs to keep trying to get point guards who have that blazing speed and who makes good positions. i don't know anything about the incoming guards next year, but catlan (spelling?), bjorkland or smallbone have no speed at all. at best these guys are #2 shooting guards.

Screens, screens and screens...
If Angie is ice cold in the NCAAs, because she's not getting good looks, I have to lay part of the blame at the feet of the coaches. And you guys are right on the money about the lack of speed. That's the primary reason why she gets in foul trouble early.
She's a gamer though. In the SEC Tourny, she did a nice job on defense, and in one game led the team in assists.

VN Store

Back