Bitcoin, Cryptocurrency, and the Future of Global Finance

Bitcoin dropping cause the hackers got their ransom money in bitcoin and now people anticipating the government is going to crack down on it??
BTC is down because Tesla will no longer accept it which could lead to other corps saying the same.

You must not own any bitcoin. If he cost you $10,000 you would probably feel differently about him. And that's if you only owned ONE coin!!!

I own a little BTC. If it can't bounce back from this then it shouldn't be at $57k. The cost of energy is part of its risk profile. Elon is telling the truth

Reactions: theFallGuy
The Tesla love always fascinated me because of all the "good" it does for the environment. Don't get me wrong, I think alternatives to oil are the future but environmentally speaking Tesla solves nothing. The cars are full of nickel and copper, both of which take a ton of fossil fuel to mine. Then everyone takes their Tesla home and plugs it into a grid that is typically powered by burning coal.

Similar to companies that release awful toxins by recycling (burning) aluminum. It's nonsense.

At this stage in the game hydrogen makes more sense to this feeble mind.

You still have to liberate hydrogen from its bonds, and then you are basically driving a mini Hindenburg.

I own a little BTC. If it can't bounce back from this then it shouldn't be at $57k. The cost of energy is part of its risk profile. Elon is telling the truth

He’s also competing with miners to get at the currently short semiconductor supply for Tesla. So telling part of the truth.

Reactions: n_huffhines
Bitcoin on sale, again.
Just curious, but how much of this run up in ETH and the other alt coins is being driven by new money entering the crypto space and how much of it is being driven by investors in BTC selling off and rolling into these alt coins?

Last edited:
Reactions: AM64
Just curious, but how much of this run up in ETH and the other alt coins is being driven by new money entering the crypto space an how much of it is being driven by investors in BTC selling off and rolling into these alt coins?
You'll never get an answer because they never thought of it. This crypto stuff is all a 2000 dot com redo.

Reactions: AM64
Just curious, but how much of this run up in ETH and the other alt coins is being driven by new money entering the crypto space and how much of it is being driven by investors in BTC selling off and rolling into these alt coins?
There's so much froth in the markets right now it's hard to tell what's actually real. Between Biden bucks and people dumping whatever gov't cheese they're getting into the market you'd think something would have to give out at some point but so far nope.

ETH and basically everything else are down, too.

VN Store

Back