Birds of Prey (February 7, 2020)

CagleMtnVol

Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn)

Release Date: February 7, 2020
Studio: Warner Bros.
MPAA Rating: Rated R

Directed By: Cathy Yan
Written By: (Screenplay) Christina Hodsen (Unforgettable, Bumblebee)
Music by Daniel Pemberton
Cinematography Matthew Libatique

Starring:
Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn
Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Helena Bertinelli / Huntress
Jurnee Smollett-Bell as Dinah Lance / Black Canary
Rosie Perez as Renee Montoya
Ella Jay Basco
Chris Messina
Ewan McGregor

Last edited:
Birds of Prey is currently in pre-production and is expected to start principle photography January 15, 2019 in either Los Angeles or Atlanta.

Not a fan that they are pushing this at least as of now as a more a Harley Quinn film than a team up film..

So in your Birds of Prey movie I would expect to see the Birds of Prey i.e. Black Canary & Huntress?

Man this looks really bad. HQ was a fun character, but this trailer alone just painfully pointed out to me that she didn’t need her own movie.
I do kinda like Margot Robbie's voice change in this. Trying to be more like the animated voice were familiar with.

Looks like poop but I thought Joker looked like poop too and it was pretty good.

Anyone going to see it? Early reviews are that its a lot of fun.

I was going to go this weekend but not sure if I'll get free to go, so it will probably be next weekend.

Reactions: 615vols and vols72

I was going to go this weekend but not sure if I'll get free to go, so it will probably be next weekend.
The wife and I are thinking about going next weekend. She's a big Harley Quinn fan. She loved Suicide Squad and wants to see it so I will take her

Reactions: CagleMtnVol

Hoping to see it in the next week or so. Leave a review when you do watch it, I’m really hoping this is good.

I imagined it would be terrible, but I'll still watch it when its released on disc just because of Margot. Surprised you weren't first in line to see it because of Scott Pilgrims girlfriend.

I imagined it would be terrible, but I'll still watch it when its released on disc just because of Margot. Surprised you weren't first in line to see it because of Scott Pilgrims girlfriend.

Meh Mary Elizabeth is ok, nothing special. Scott Pilgrim is amazing due to one person, Edgar Wright and his unreal direction. That movie f'n moves.

Meh Mary Elizabeth is ok, nothing special. Scott Pilgrim is amazing due to one person, Edgar Wright and his unreal direction. That movie f'n moves.
Yea I know she's just aight, it was a joke.
But seriously, I'm usually not too hard on those kind of silly movies. I sincerely hope you're just trolling me. I know you see movies differently and all, but come on, that movie is Junk.

Yea I know she's just aight, it was a joke.
But seriously, I'm usually not too hard on those kind of silly movies. I sincerely hope you're just trolling me. I know you see movies differently and all, but come on, that movie is Junk.

You are insane. Scott Pilgrim is one of the best films of the last 20 years. No joke. In on way shape or form is it junk. Great cast, great visuals, great director. Maybe you should smoke some marjiuanas. Loosen up.

Have you seen it? Somehow it has a significantly higher IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes rating than Suicide Squad. How is DC so bad at this?

I would submit that the DC universe as a whole pretty much sucks. It takes a great director working with his own vision to make anything out of it even palatable. Other than Nolan's Batman and the recent Joker the rest of it is a whole barrel of weak sauce.

I would submit that the DC universe as a whole pretty much sucks. It takes a great director working with his own vision to make anything out of it even palatable. Other than Nolan's Batman and the recent Joker the rest of it is a whole barrel of weak sauce.

The Marvel Universe as a whole has much better IP and movie potential, but Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, and Flash are just about as cool as any comic characters, IMO. There is no reason they should be messing up these Superman movies so badly. Doomsday should have been a two-part movie and that storyline didn't even get a full movie. Doomsday spoiler:

In the comics when Superman died, he was the most beloved being on the planet and that made the whole story so much more evocative. Contrast that with the movie, he wasn't even trusted by the general public when he sacrificed himself fighting Doomsday. This is similar to the XMen speeding through the Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix stuff in one movie. It's amazing IP, the filmmakers just don't know what to do with it.

VN Store

Back