Billy Napier

Guess again. And how about some original thought instead of attacking the OP.
I'm just busting your balls. I don't even care anymore. I do think that Napier is probably not even realistic for us, right now. At best, he's our ceiling. This program and athletic department is just a total disaster.

no way do we want him! He is a great recruiter, has SEC coaching staff experience, he was born in Tennessee and he is a winner!!! Does not fit the bill for anyone we have hired in a long time. See Johnny Majors and Phil Fulmer.

Interesting resume with tutelage under several A level college coaches..If his Diction is better than an Alabama hillbilly in kindergarten, I say hire him. šŸ˜„

Billy Napier - Wikipedia

Last edited:
I'm just busting your balls. I don't even care anymore. I do think that Napier is probably not even realistic for us, right now. At best, he's our ceiling. This program and athletic department is just a total disaster.

Same. He may turn out to be great but I personally would just find it hard to pull for another person from that ā€œredā€ tree.

After reading this informative article, I think Napier should be considered. Appears he is always learning to better himself as a coach and has been successful. I was impressed regarding the chronicle of significant events he maintains related to his profession. I also was impressed with his philosophy of life and development of players on and off the field.

Why Billy Napier keeps passing up Power 5 jobs

After reading this informative article, I think Napier should be considered. Appears he is always learning to better himself as a coach and has been successful. I was impressed regarding the chronicle of significant events he maintains related to his profession. I also was impressed with his philosophy of life and development of players on and off the field.

Why Billy Napier keeps passing up Power 5 jobs
hes a dang good coach

Napier would be a shot in the upper deck. Your know nothing about football if you don't think he can coach!!! He's turned down South Carolina, Miss. ST, and Auburn. He has a plan and I hope it's Tenn.

He only turned Auburn down because he wanted full control of hiring his Assistant's and Auburn wouldn't give him that. Same reason Bill Clark didn't want it.

Reactions: Border Vol
Can we please not go down this road again. We can not keep hiring guys that have been on Sabanā€™s staff. Napier was at Alabama twice for a total of 5 years. Have we not proved, time and time again, that this does not work for Tennessee.
I mean Kiffin was on Sabanā€™s staff. So was Sark.

Yet most of you would drool over Matt Campbell, who Napier goat roped back in September. Pretty sure heā€™s won 3 division titles and played toe to toe with Satterfield and Drink when they were at App State. The sum of his career is more than just his time with Saban.

Coaches have to stand on their own merit. I think Napier is a long shot based on his resume.

The most impressive thing is that ULL has gotten better each year since he took over and beat a very good Iowa State team this year. The most concerning thing is that he did it with talent recruited by someone else. That was one of the signs ignored when Jones was hired.

Coaches have to stand on their own merit. I think Napier is a long shot based on his resume.

The most impressive thing is that ULL has gotten better each year since he took over and beat a very good Iowa State team this year. The most concerning thing is that he did it with talent recruited by someone else. That was one of the signs ignored when Jones was hired.

True. But if the WIKI is true, the person who recruited his seniors never won a conference division title or had the school in the top 25. Apparently Napier was first to do both.

Reactions: LittleVol and sjt18

17 of the 22 starters this year are Billy's guys. I would say he can win with his guys.

Reactions: sjt18 and LittleVol
Are you kidding? This guy would be great. No accident every SEC opening in the last 2 years has wanted to talk to him. Definitely up and comer. What box does he not check?

VN Store

Back