Bill O’Brien to Bammer for OC?

MoreSteam

From the founder of Rivals and 247 Sports: Bill O'Brien (former Texans HC, Penn State HC, and Patriots OC) is in Tuscaloosa today. No clue if it's in an official capacity, but interesting nonetheless.

From the founder of Rivals and 247 Sports: Bill O'Brien (former Texans HC, Penn State HC, and Patriots OC) is in Tuscaloosa today. No clue if it's in an official capacity, but interesting nonetheless.
That seems like a step backwards for play calling. Recruiting may be good. But that seems like an odd fit. More like not going to fit.

Reactions: Remy and BUBear
That seems like a step backwards for play calling. Recruiting may be good. But that seems like an odd fit. More like not going to fit.

You are wrong. That is the Saban model. I was talking to a former player about the Saban model recently as he was discussing the Vol program. The Saban model is to take accomplished teachers who have been head coaches whether they failed or not to help develop the talent that Alabama has at their disposal. He has done this time and time again. How Saban get these guys to come there, I have no clue other than Saban is universally respected, he will be paid $1M plus, and it's a place to reignite a career or win at a high level. These guys don't have to recruit much because the rings do the recruiting. It's a machine.

Poison!

You are wrong. That is the Saban model. I was talking to a former player about the Saban model recently as he was discussing the Vol program. The Saban model is to take accomplished teachers who have been head coaches whether they failed or not to help develop the talent that Alabama has at their disposal. He has done this time and time again. How Saban get these guys to come there, I have no clue other than Saban is universally respected, he will be paid $1M plus, and it's a place to reignite a career or win at a high level. These guys don't have to recruit much because the rings do the recruiting. It's a machine.
I don't necessarily like reading it, but I sure do agree with it.

Reactions: BreatheUT

It wasn't a machine when Saban took over....he made it a machine....

And he's a winner....and so are those who have coached under him.....

Reactions: BreatheUT
Bama gives Saban a blank check to hire who he needs, offensive guys like Kiffin & Sark while we screw around with guys like Scott, Helton & Chaney.

Saban and Bill O’Brien seem like 2 really strong personalities to be teamed up together. I don’t see O’Brien handling an ass chewing from Saban very well.

Looks like O Brien is the new OC, per CBS. They're finalizing the deal.

Yup, saban brings them in, makes them look good in a foolproof program that will at the very least be in the CFP, and then they go coach at Arkansas state.

This is a home run. Good grief, the rich get richer.
this guy should be a head coach somewhere.

I thought the exact same thing. This seems like they're going from a coat of many colors to a tan trench coat for OC. Time will tell.

Reactions: DeepSpringsVol

With the talent in Tuscaloosa, anything will fit. At worst they might lose two games. However, odds are they will at least win a SECC, if not the whole thing again.

VN Store

Back