Bill O’Brien Named Offensive Coordinator and Quarterbacks Coach at 'Bama

Well we will see if they can get along O Brien is as much if not more of a control freak as Saban

Last edited:
Reactions: BUBear
Geeze people, you just hit “Report” under the post and ask a mod.

I’ve done it, but they may think it’s better here.

Facts are actually important.

I think it’s a fact that UT has tried to hire a DC. I think it’s a fact they have made at least one offer. I think it’s a fact that they will not hire a DC with the kind of experience a Bill O’Brien type brings to the table. It’s also a fact that it’s nearly mid February.

Can I say with 100% certainty they offered the job and were rebuffed, no, based on what’s out there is it likely?

I think it’s a fact that UT has tried to hire a DC. I think it’s a fact they have made at least one offer. I think it’s a fact that they will not hire a DC with the kind of experience a Bill O’Brien type brings to the table. It’s also a fact that it’s nearly mid February.

Can I say with 100% certainty they offered the job and were rebuffed, no, based on what’s out there is it likely?
When you type “I think” simultaneously with facts you lose your argument. Especially when your “thinking” is based on information provided by someone else and you have zero independent knowledge. So your thinking has no basis in fact.

Last edited:
Reactions: butchna
When you type “I think” simultaneously with facts you lose your argument. Especially when your “thinking” is based on information provided by someone else.

After all of the coaching searches, across multiple sports at UT over the past decade or so, it’s a fact we will never know anything that went on with 100% certainty.

That’s a fact. I’m not arguing. But I can deduce, based on available information and results thus far. You want facts? Good luck.

After all of the coaching searches, across multiple sports at UT over the past decade or so, it’s a fact we will never know anything that went on with 100% certainty.

That’s a fact. I’m not arguing. But I can deduce, based on available information and results thus far. You want facts? Good luck.
iIt’s not that you don’t know something with 100% certainty it’s that you know nothing and that is a certainty. Suggesting you can deduce something with a new coach and new Athletic Director from the past is certainly misguided and in my opinion foolish.

Reactions: butchna
iIt’s not that you don’t know something with 100% certainty it’s that you know nothing and that is a certainty. Suggesting you can deduce something with a new coach and new Athletic Director from the past is certainly misguided and in my opinion foolish.

I’m comfortable with my opinion and you are certainly welcome to yours. I used the word apparently in my first post. I didn’t state it as a fact. You seem to be caught up in semantics, but you are correct, I am in no position to know anything as a fact. I would also point out if we had to wait on facts to come out in a coaching search a message board would be a boring place to spend time. Respectfully, enjoy your evening.

I’m comfortable with my opinion and you are certainly welcome to yours. I used the word apparently in my first post. I didn’t state it as a fact. You seem to be caught up in semantics, but you are correct, I am in no position to know anything as a fact. I would also point out if we had to wait on facts to come out in a coaching search a message board would be a boring place to spend time. Respectfully, enjoy your evening.
My point again is that you have nothing credible to establish you “apparently” belief. So why get in a tizzy?

Can you believe it took Saban 19 days to hire an Offensive Coordinator???

What a train wreck of a program.
Yes because it is the exact same situation at UT...I guess you think this means that UT is going to be OK now? Dig this thread up in 3 years and see which program made the right decisions.

This is a very interesting hire, wasn’t it Bill that destroyed the Texans with horrible personnel decisions and team chemistry? He had Deshaun Watson and scored how many points per game?

This is a very interesting hire, wasn’t it Bill that destroyed the Texans with horrible personnel decisions and team chemistry? He had Deshaun Watson and scored how many points per game?

I guess it's a good thing he won't be the general manager at Alabama.

VN Store

Back