Bill Curry says the Tennessee’s of the world always come back

Perhaps but for it's been over 20 years since they've been back so maybe by the time we land on mars in 2050 ill be alive to see it. Pruitt can't even keep his players at this point.

Reactions: 08Vol
I’ve actually always liked Bill Curry. One of his problems at Bama is that he was not anointed by Bear.

I never liked him but thought he was a darn good coach. Hated to see him leave GT, because that was his place. When the bammers call with that big check, I guess it is hard to say no.

Last edited:
Do you guys remember Watson Brown and how he complimented us after the UAB game of 2005? I'm paraphrasing this, now, but he said we were just as good in '05 as we were in '98. So, I wouldn't put much into what a former coach says about us.

Reactions: 08Vol
He’s not wrong. We’ve been in a rough spot but programs this big always come back around
All programs go through cycles of winning and losing. You can't name one program that hasn't gone through a losing cycle, yes even Bama in the 90's. albeit, some cycles are longer than others. Just think of all the powerhouse programs , USC, Nebrasaka, Bama, LSU, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Texas, Michigan and of course Tennessee have all been through losing cycles in the past 20-30 years

We have the resources in terms of facilities and fan interest. Effective leadership at the university, athletic department, and coaching level has been lacking. Its like a former coach told me, "everyone wants to win - but are you committed to doing everything to make it possible?"

Do you guys remember Watson Brown and how he complimented us after the UAB game of 2005? I'm paraphrasing this, now, but he said we were just as good in '05 as we were in '98. So, I wouldn't put much into what a former coach says about us.

I'd bet 3 days from now this thread is buried and no one gives it a second thought. Lol, except you, you'll probably remember it 30 years from now.

But hey, thanks for the heads up!

VN Store

Back