Biggest disgrace last night

I prefer the Georgia Tech fight song in which UGA is also featured
I have always been relatively fond of Georgia Tech and Florida State based on the old Chinese proverb "the enemy of my enemy is my friend". I've never been able to apply that to Auburn because we used to play them every year and they are such dirt bags when it comes to recruiting. Probably why I don't mind LSU too much also since they hate Bama and Florida.

Last edited:
Anybody else on here old enough to remember when Munson was sportscaster in Nashville on WSM TV and had a show called the Rod and Gun Club? He also did radio of Nashville Vols baseball and Vandy basketball and football and lived in Nashville until 1976.
OMG, like how old are you bruh, like 40 or something??
🤪
GBO!!

The style now, is that the broadcasters tend to just slobber all over whoever is winning. If and when we start winning, we'll get the benefit of it. I agree it didn't used to be like that, back in the day when fewer games were televised the broadcast pool was a lot better, full of people who actually studied the teams extensively and could make more insightful comments. Everybody's auditioning for a hot take show now. I actually think Todd Blackledge is probably the best color analyst there is now though.
Would like to see Todd team up with Brad Nessler

I have always been relatively fond of Georgia Tech and Florida State based on the old Chinese proverb "the enemy of my enemy is my friend". I've never been able to apply that to Auburn because we used to play them every year and they are such dirt bags when it comes to recruiting. Probably why I don't mind LSU too much also since they hate Bama and Florida.
I like your reasoning except I don’t share the Auburn hate. Their fans were pretty gracious the last two times I have been to the Plains. Plus, you have to like a team that takes their church giving seriously!

Munson called the game like a fan would call it. Just the 100% opposite of John Ward. To each his own - I see why Georgia fans loved him, and Tennessee fans would have loved him if he was our announcer.

Reactions: BraseltonVol
I like your reasoning except I don’t share the Auburn hate. Their fans were pretty gracious the last two times I have been to the Plains. Plus, you have to like a team that takes their church giving seriously!
I hear you, I don't have near the same level of rancor against Auburn that I do the big 3 but I'm old enough to remember when we played them every year and they were consistently good back in the Pat Dye days. I admit not playing them every year and them being in the other division has moved it down several notches in terms of hostility.

Would have loved to see some john ward in there, but it wasnt the biggest disgrace from the game.

Anyone know where Munson is buried, I’d like to visit and water his grave .....the POS

They showed the Dobbs play and talked about each team scoring a TD in the last 10 seconds. Maybe you all had to go pee at the same time and missed it.

I'd rank this pretty low on the disgrace list.

The real disgrace was booing JG when he came into the game.

Was ESPN’s play of the call of Walkers TD run in 1980 by Larry “I’m a homer for anyone who will pay me” Munson (Falcons, Braves, even Vanderbilt) but never showed a call by John Ward (far better announcer, not as good a cheerleader) or even the Dobbs nail boot call.
CBS put out a video on game day on YouTube where the title showed "Georgia STUNS Tennessee on late game winning drive" ...

I was like, uh, no they didn't...and clicked on the video.

It was damn Larry Munson's hobnail boot garbage from 2001.

Really, CBS?

Reactions: feathersax
I’d like to throat punch the SOB that feels the need to show that s*** EVERY F’ing year.....but hell..... what could they counter with?...... Kesling’s what a turn of events?
What's always bothered me the most about Walker's run is that it's probably what should have happened under the circumstances. Walker was about 220 lbs, ridiculously solid, and had all the momentum. Bates probably weighed about 190 and even though he broke down properly to make the tackle, had to go low because of Walker's upper body strength. The media always made it out like Walker ran over Reggie White or something.

Reactions: Carl Pickens
CBS put out a video on game day on YouTube where the title showed "Georgia STUNS Tennessee on late game winning drive" ...

I was like, uh, no they didn't...and clicked on the video.

It was damn Larry Munson's hobnail boot garbage from 2001.

Really, CBS?
You know how you counter that? Be a better/more relevant team. The game the other night was a nationally-televised game on ESPN with a lot of neutrals watching. Other than Tennessee fans, nobody really cares about or even remembers Dobbs's Hail Mary and JJ's catch. That win ended up not really mattering in the grand scheme of things. People would have largely forgotten about Auburn's Hail Mary against Georgia or the Kick Six game if Auburn wasn't really good that year.

I think it was mostly booing Pruitt for that dumb decision. At least that’s what I’d like to think.
It wasn’t a dumb decision. JG had to go in because Maurer was hurt/shaken up the play before on the sideline....came back with a shiny new arm sleeve on his left arm. Hence, why he came back in after 1 play, with a shiny new arm sleeve on his left arm.

Reactions: feathersax
What's always bothered me the most about Walker's run is that it's probably what should have happened under the circumstances. Walker was about 220 lbs, ridiculously solid, and had all the momentum. Bates probably weighed about 190 and even though he broke down properly to make the tackle, had to go low because of Walker's upper body strength. The media always made it out like Walker ran over Reggie White or something.
I thought Bates’ technique was awful. Crouched down on his heels and waited for Walker to initiate contact. Agree with the rest of your take.

Munson called the game like a fan would call it. Just the 100% opposite of John Ward. To each his own - I see why Georgia fans loved him, and Tennessee fans would have loved him if he was our announcer.
I wouldn’t have liked him if he called Tennessee games. I personally like an announcer with some professionalism. This whole “we” and “us” and “they”....not a fan of it. I appreciated and respected Ward’s class and professional demeanor, it gave him more legitimacy, even though I always knew who he was for.

Munson was just awful, a no class homer hack.

I wouldn’t have liked him if he called Tennessee games. I personally like an announcer with some professionalism. This whole “we” and “us” and “they”....not a fan of it. I appreciated and respected Ward’s class and professional demeanor, it gave him more legitimacy, even though I always knew who he was for.

Munson was just awful, a no class homer hack.

Absolutely. Your color guy can do a bit of that but the broadcaster should strive to stay professional. A visual I've always thought of for this comparison -- I would never ever picture John Ward wearing a Tennessee jersey during the game, but I could absolutely picture Larry Munson wearing a Georgia jersey during the game.

Of course you've also got the other side of this coin, which is how you get "what a turn of events," or, I don't know, there's others. That will kill me for the rest of my life. Probably one of the biggest moments in Tennessee sports history, in terms of a turnaround, and that's the call. Eh. I don't want to rag on Bob too much, I believe he cares about it all, he's just got a knack for making sports as engaging as reading off the instructions for instant mashed potatoes sometimes.

VN Store

Back