Biggest disgrace last night

wmcovol

Was ESPN’s play of the call of Walkers TD run in 1980 by Larry “I’m a homer for anyone who will pay me” Munson (Falcons, Braves, even Vanderbilt) but never showed a call by John Ward (far better announcer, not as good a cheerleader) or even the Dobbs nail boot call.

Was ESPN’s play of the call of Walkers TD run in 1980 by Larry “I’m a homer for anyone who will pay me” Munson (Falcons, Braves, even Vanderbilt) but never showed a call by John Ward (far better announcer, not as good a cheerleader) or even the Dobbs nail boot call.
I’d like to throat punch the SOB that feels the need to show that s*** EVERY F’ing year.....but hell..... what could they counter with?...... Kesling’s what a turn of events?

Munson should definitely be in the Overrated Radio Announcers Hall-of-Fame.

When I first moved down to Atlanta, I had to work on Saturdays and would be stuck in the car most of the day. I'd listen to a lot of the Georgia games because that's what was on. And I kept thinking "how is this guy an announcer?" I was used to John Ward, who was so much better. Every time Georgia had a negative play, it was like Munson was about to cry. It was embarrassing. I still don't understand why people think Munson was a "great announcer." I guess they just got used to him and convinced themselves of that, but as someone who had listened to other (much better) radio announcers, I thought he was terrible.

They played it for Herschel Walker, Munson was just the indirect beneficiary. That was Herschel's first game ever and the big hello to the world of college football that he was going to be a bit of a problem, that's why it get's played, not because of Munson surely, and not because it was against us per se. It gets played about anytime anybody talks about him.

Reactions: 08Vol and Vol4life2
I think broadcast should be balanced. I didn’t know I was streaming the UGA broadcast. Sorry
The style now, is that the broadcasters tend to just slobber all over whoever is winning. If and when we start winning, we'll get the benefit of it. I agree it didn't used to be like that, back in the day when fewer games were televised the broadcast pool was a lot better, full of people who actually studied the teams extensively and could make more insightful comments. Everybody's auditioning for a hot take show now. I actually think Todd Blackledge is probably the best color analyst there is now though.

I think broadcast should be balanced. I didn’t know I was streaming the UGA broadcast. Sorry
Grow up! UGA is a NC contender and UT is hot garbage. That's the truth. Want the narrative to change, win! It is that simple. Just be relevant...NOW, not 20, 30, 40 years ago.

The biggest disgrace was the huge number of attendees that left the game early!!! These aren't UT fans-they are noise makers with a ticket. They don't have the team' back, nor are they showing their support-they'd be better off, outside tailgating.

Reactions: wlkx

VN Store

Back