Bigfoot/Sasquatch/Forest People in Tennessee

I know about the "training" some of you guys receive on this matter... :)

Some of the best encounters I've read about were from the military and police. Hunters have the most though.

Yankee used to spoon with Bigfoot in the field. Yankee was the little spoon.

I have a story about this that involves SERE school, a Lt., and freezing. It's the type of experience that should only be told over a few beers and around some open minded folks.

Let me guess, you Survived and eventually Escaped, but you certainly didn't Evade and can't honestly say you Resisted.

I have a story about this that involves SERE school, a Lt., and freezing. It's the type of experience that should only be told over a few beers and around some open minded folks.

Going to a game this year? I'll be at every home game

What about all the red wolf sightings and the black Mt Lion that TWRA supposedly said were not in Tennessee only to find out they were?

I know of a half bear and half wild cat.

Also, heard a man once say he was up in the Oxbo region and came across some Indians.

What about all the red wolf sightings and the black Mt Lion that TWRA supposedly said were not in Tennessee only to find out they were?

I know of a half bear and half wild cat.

Also, heard a man once say he was up in the Oxbo region and came across some Indians.

Red wolf is sighting is true. They escaped from Bay's Mountain in Kingsport. The black cat is also true because Florida Panthers are known to "migrate" up and down the Appalachian

Red wolf is sighting is true. They escaped from Bay's Mountain in Kingsport. The black cat is also true because Florida Panthers are known to "migrate" up and down the Appalachian

Actually there's no such thing as a "Black Moutain Lion" there's never been any evidence any where if a black cougar. The The term "Black Panther" actually refers to Black Leporads which aren't in the U.S. or the Black Jaguar. The black jaguars that do roam in the U.S are apart of the living population in Mexico, so one making it as far north as Tennessee would be a stretch for their habitat. The Florida Panther is also just a cougar. So, while there have been confirmed sightings of Mountain Lion in Tennessee any reporting of a large black cat is a misidentication of more likely someone's mind making something look bigger than it really is.

Reactions: 1 person
Actually there's no such thing as a "Black Moutain Lion" there's never been any evidence any where if a black cougar. The The term "Black Panther" actually refers to Black Leporads which aren't in the U.S. or the Black Jaguar. The black jaguars that do roam in the U.S are apart of the living population in Mexico, so one making it as far north as Tennessee would be a stretch for their habitat. The Florida Panther is also just a cougar. So, while there have been confirmed sightings of Mountain Lion in Tennessee any reporting of a large black cat is a misidentication of more likely someone's mind making something look bigger than it really is.

Black cats have been seen in Tennessee. West Tennessee for a fact. Late 50's early 60's.

Reactions: 2 people
The wife and I have seen Red wolves in the area of Catoosa. At least 3 times in the last 4yrs and each time it has been within a mile area of the other sightings.

I cannot confirm a black cat. I have heard many claims from the old timers about them. I can however confirm the hell out of the fact that we have big cats in the Catoosa area and also in Sevier County.

Be Safe,

CH_V

Reactions: 1 person
Black cats have been seen in Tennessee. West Tennessee for a fact. Late 50's early 60's.

It's possible. If a jaguar made it that far north. Or if smoneone had a non native cat as a pet and it got to big and released them. But it wasn't a mountain lion. No scientific evidence exist of them ever having the trait of being black. No confirmed sightings, kills by hunters or carcasses found. More than likely though. It was a released pet or a misidentication.

Yes the Florida panther is a subspecies of the puma, but I was talking about puma in general not just the black panther. The term panther is due to the solid coat of a big cat. So a black panther is possible (but rare) in the puma because they have a black fur gene (used as a sunlight absorber for around the eyes). The black panthers that have been sighted are more than likely escaped pets. Also, the puma sightings have not been "confirmed" by the nps or other federal/local services because they're scared a confirmation will deter tourists from coming to this region.

I beg to differ. Early 80's. Jackson county, TN just outside Cookeville where most would know as Cummins Falls. Crossing the field across from my dad's house, the live-in caretaker for my grandfather took a shot and wounded one, but never found and never saw or heard again. Up to that point, several of those "night screams" were heard around the farm.

I love that this thread is branching out to include other cryptids. Let talk about the Rougarou. I have Cajun buddies that swear it exists.

Yes the Florida panther is a subspecies of the puma, but I was talking about puma in general not just the black panther. The term panther is due to the solid coat of a big cat. So a black panther is possible (but rare) in the puma because they have a black fur gene (used as a sunlight absorber for around the eyes). The black panthers that have been sighted are more than likely escaped pets. Also, the puma sightings have not been "confirmed" by the nps or other federal/local services because they're scared a confirmation will deter tourists from coming to this region.

There had been atleast 9 confirmed by the TWRA this year.

VN Store

Back