Bigfoot/Sasquatch/Forest People in Tennessee

creekerballer

VP of Drunken Relations
I beg to differ. Early 80's. Jackson county, TN just outside Cookeville where most would know as Cummins Falls. Crossing the field across from my dad's house, the live-in caretaker for my grandfather took a shot and wounded one, but never found and never saw or heard again. Up to that point, several of those "night screams" were heard around the farm.
That's the thing. I can go around just here where I live and in fact have. And hear multiple people tell me they've seen, saw or shot a "black panther" yet there's no tangible evidence of it. Surely, if this many people were actually seeing large black cats across the state we would have some further evidence.

volmanbill

Déjà vu all over again
Staff member
I beg to differ. Early 80's. Jackson county, TN just outside Cookeville where most would know as Cummins Falls. Crossing the field across from my dad's house, the live-in caretaker for my grandfather took a shot and wounded one, but never found and never saw or heard again. Up to that point, several of those "night screams" were heard around the farm.
Those night screams were from Bo Petty's shine. :)

Obsessed

Lab Rat
It's possible. If a jaguar made it that far north. Or if smoneone had a non native cat as a pet and it got to big and released them. But it wasn't a mountain lion. No scientific evidence exist of them ever having the trait of being black. No confirmed sightings, kills by hunters or carcasses found. More than likely though. It was a released pet or a misidentication.
lol

It circled a cotton trailer with my mother and her siblings. There was no misidentification.

GVF

Absolut Orange
That's the thing. I can go around just here where I live and in fact have. And hear multiple people tell me they've seen, saw or shot a "black panther" yet there's no tangible evidence of it. Surely, if this many people were actually seeing large black cats across the state we would have some further evidence.
Black Cat, Black Panther, whatever the case may be, he got a shot off at it crossing the field. And it was a black cat of some type. And it wasn't a tom cat.

joevol33

trampoline king
Twra did confirm a cougar and her cub near South Pittsburgh a few years ago. There was an article in the paper about it. I'm too lazy to try and find a link lol.
They killed one in Paris Kentucky (I think it was) last year. It was on the news up there, and they tried to claim it was an escaped pet. I don't understand wildlife authorities being so adamant about denying those animals are around.

VN Store

Sponsors