Big XII COY = Gary Barnett?

U-T

Link

Boulder - CU president Elizabeth Hoffman, who suspended coach Gary Barnett last winter, applauded his selection Tuesday as The Associated Press Big 12 coach of the year. Barnett was chosen by 20 media members who cover Big 12 football......

"These things only happen when you have a great coaching staff and your coaches and your players do all the things that they've done," Barnett said.

However, the reaction at CU to Barnett's award was not unanimous. CU sociology professor Joanne Belknap said she could not believe he was selected.

"I feel like, since the whole season was beginning, there were a lot of people that perceived that if somehow the football team did well, it was some vindication about how all the rape charges had been handled," she said. "At the same time, if they did poorly, it wasn't going to be their fault because of the women who brought the lawsuits."

I guess the criteria for winning Big XII COY is to have adversity, handle it poorly and then "overcome" it with a mediocre season. :bad:

He did good, too... But Brown has four ten win seasons in a row. There's something to be said for that.

Well if we are going by wins, Stoops takes it hands down

No, I'm saying this: Going for four ten win seasons in a row is a testament to a coaches' ability, more than just if they happen to be loaded with talent for a season or two then drop right back into mediocrity *cough*AUBURN*cough*

Very true

But with Stoops...he still wins

2003 - 12 wins
2002 - 12 wins
2001 - 11 wins
2000 - 13 wins

They gave COY to a coach who backed into the Championship? What a croc. I think that Fran or even Stoops deserve it more than Barnett.

Originally posted by U-T@Dec 1, 2004 8:01 PM
Very true

But with Stoops...he still wins

2003 - 12 wins
2002 - 12 wins
2001 - 11 wins
2000 - 13 wins

Stoops is a brilliant coach as well.

VN Store

Back