Big Time NIL Deal - VQ Podcast

I’m curious if NIL deals will lead to fewer disciplinary issues for players because they know if they screw up they’ll loose their NIL money.

It would be cool to look at the arrest rate of D1 players before and after NIL at some point in the future
Ehh, probably not. Hasn't stopped NFLers from making some dumb mistakes that cost them a ton of money.

See: Henry Ruggs

This is huge! Donors and alumni have partnered with a local advertising agency to creat NIL deals. They talk about details, why TN is not behind and allude to several potential deals.

They mention Hendon Hooker, Tillman and a potential big time running back. Could this be Zach Evans?

"Offense sells"... Careful hiring DC's to be head coach. IMO

Last edited:
This is huge! Donors and alumni have partnered with a local advertising agency to creat NIL deals. They talk about details, why TN is not behind and allude to several potential deals.

They mention Hendon Hooker, Tillman and a potential big time running back. Could this be Zach Evans?

Basilio broke this last week on the show of record

There should be a single fund setup that makes it easy for the common fan to donate smaller sums. I would be good for some of that action. Pooled together it could be huge.

Edit: I didn’t watch the video, if that is the case then apologies.

NIL... *sigh*.

I get it, it's reality. But I'm sad to see this end of an era.

The truth is the genie is out of the bottle now, and College Football is going to effectively be Pro Football Junior moving forward...

* The measure of Tennessee's success on the field will be directly proportional to how much money via NIL (Read: PAY) our athletes make.
* The more money that boosters and other sources pump into NIL, the better the quality players that we can attract.
* But now competition between schools will be driven mostly by money... why would a 5* DB recruit sign with UT when we offer him a $500K/annual NIL deal, when he can make $1M/annually via NIL at Bama or wherever?
* It will all ultimately boil down to which NFL Jr. athletic programs (previously known as "universities") can (effectively) raise the most money to (effectively) disproportionately pay its best players.

Today colleges, tomorrow high schools. Why not.

It's all about $$$.
News flash, it’s been like this for decades. It’s just been covert. How do you think Bama, GA, etc get soooo many top guys? Now maybe we can compete.

There should be a single fund setup that makes it easy for the common fan to donate smaller sums. I would be good for some of that action. Pooled together it could be huge.

Edit: I didn’t watch the video, if that is the case then apologies.
Contact the advertising agency and discuss it. Im sure they will accept all pledges

NIL deals should be structured as a contract where the player has to stay for so many years, if we tell them to git we owe the balance or something. That should solve the portal issue. If they want to enter the portal they owe it and the agency for the team they are going to will pay. Also structure with morality clauses and the such.

Just like coaches.

Reactions: Seattle Hillbilly
I’m curious if NIL deals will lead to fewer disciplinary issues for players because they know if they screw up they’ll loose their NIL money.

It would be cool to look at the arrest rate of D1 players before and after NIL at some point in the future

I hope you are correct but the combination of alcohol, etc, immaturity & opposite sex will defeat common sense a lot of times.

Reactions: Vol8188
I could contribute here.

Fossil fuel... A look at Invols intestines

oil.gif

NIL... *sigh*.

The truth is the genie is out of the bottle now, and College Football is going to effectively be Pro Football Junior moving forward...

* The measure of Tennessee's success on the field will be directly proportional to how much money via NIL (Read: PAY) our athletes make.
* The more money that boosters and other sources pump into NIL, the better the quality players that we can attract.
* But now competition between schools will be driven mostly by money... why would a 5* DB recruit sign with UT when we offer him a $500K/annual NIL deal, when he can make $1M/annually via NIL at Bama or wherever?
* It will all ultimately boil down to which NFL Jr. athletic programs (previously known as "universities") can (effectively) raise the most money to (effectively) disproportionately pay its best players.

It's all about $$$.
Yes, it's a good thing players weren't getting paid before this...it's always been a fair and even playing field for all 130 fbs teams and never about money...

Reactions: T2P_Priceless
NIL deals should be structured as a contract where the player has to stay for so many years, if we tell them to git we owe the balance or something. That should solve the portal issue. If they want to enter the portal they owe it and the agency for the team they are going to will pay. Also structure with morality clauses and the such.

Just like coaches.
This sounds too close to pay for play. Probably have to avoid that sort of language.

Imo just do 6 month/1 year renewing contracts. Lowers the outlay risk and gives the business full leeway to cancel for any reason...wink wink of course.

Sounds like the folks in Nashville need some pressure on them to draft an NIL law that allows the institution to be involved.

NIL... *sigh*.

It's all about $$$.
I like our chances; we have a bigger market than Auburn or Tuscaloosa.

VN Store

Back