Big Ten playing Conference only Schedule: CBS

I wouldn't be so smug. Global warming is going to f up everyone. What kind of karma will a country face that pulled out of the Paris climate agreement ya think? I'm going with hurricanes..

GO JUmp in China"s Face! They are the ones with ALL the Manufacturing; and have ZERO Clean Air Regulations! The CHINESE were wearing Masks out of Necessity BEFORE Corona! Good God Almighty; Do some homework before you spout off .

Reactions: Kungfuman2000
Reactions: Kungfuman2000
If it collapses, who will blame Trump first, CNN or MSNBC?

I remember reading years ago when they started on this dam, experts from around the world asked them not to build this thing. Apparently instead of anchoring it in bedrock they just let it rest on the riverbed or so I read in another article. The same group of people that designed and built it were also in charge of inspecting it and approving it. Chinese engineering and communist bureaucracy at it's finest.

Reactions: JohnWardForever
I remember reading years ago when they started on this dam, experts from around the world asked them not to build this thing. Apparently instead of anchoring it in bedrock they just let it rest on the riverbed or so I read in another article. The same group of people that designed and built it were also in charge of inspecting it and approving it. Chinese engineering and communist bureaucracy at it's finest.

Should have brought in a TVA consultant!

I hate the thought of no football this fall. That being said, it may good for us recruiting wise. We were on fire during the Covid histeria.

Can we just keep the vulnerable protected instead of ruining everyone’s lives and the economy? I’ve known several people who have had this at this point. Doesn’t seem that severe for anyone under 70.

Here is a question to ponder. FSU is suppose to play at Syracuse. Right now Florida residents must quarantine for 2 weeks when they arrive in New York. If that stays in place how do they play that game?

Lol. It's funny, but I fully anticipate this being close to how it foes. I have zero faith any sports happen this year. I wish they'd just kick us in the nuts now rather than drag this thing out for weeks.

Basketball (NBA) will happen.

Don't think football will. And baseball would be tricky at this point. But NBA makes sense. Fewer players. They make most of their money from TV rights, so they don't actually need to fill the arenas. Kinda think college basketball will happen, too, but it'll be delayed.

Basketball (NBA) will happen.

Don't think football will. And baseball would be tricky at this point. But NBA makes sense. Fewer players. They make most of their money from TV rights, so they don't actually need to fill the arenas. Kinda think college basketball will happen, too, but it'll be delayed.
College basketball must happen. We're gonna be good.

Reactions: njvols
Here is a question to ponder. FSU is suppose to play at Syracuse. Right now Florida residents must quarantine for 2 weeks when they arrive in New York. If that stays in place how do they play that game?
It's probably mute point, the way things are trending, but I think good first step would be to play games every other week, allowing time to quarantine. Secondly, I'd guess the Syracuse game would be cancelled.

giphy.gif

Edited - Deleted my stupid post wherein I confused the Big 12 minus 2 with the Big 10 plus 4, and replaced it with this cool, catchy, gif.
I beg y'all's forgiveness.
I don’t see why we don’t jump on the number that makes no sense bandwagon. It just seems like fun! The Southeastern 16 sounds about right. Then again, we could have 16 one day so maybe the Southeast 7 since there aren’t any odd numbers represented and I seem to like alliteration. Or, one more option just to piss the Big 10 off, we could say we are the Biggest 10. I would go Bigger 10 but that leaves room for them to one-up so we will skip the etiquette of one-upping and go straight to two-upping.

Cases of bubonic plague have broken out in Mongolia so that may be next and a new Swine flu in China is on the loose.
Do you really believe that nonsense? I sincerely hope you are just joking. Just look at the media's great track record over the last 50 years. New York should already be underwater by now and we should all be dead from all the murder hornets and other big new viruses of the last few decades. Aids, West Nile, Zika. What happened too all that stuff? Turn off the news, remove your mask, and live your life. This crap would disappear if people stopped paying attention.

Reactions: VolInNorthCack
Cases of bubonic plague have broken out in Mongolia so that may be next and a new Swine flu in China is on the loose.
Do you really believe that nonsense? I sincerely hope you are just joking. Just look at the media's great track record over the last 50 years. New York should already be underwater by now and we should all be dead from all the murder hornets and other big new viruses of the last few decades. AIDS, West Nile, Zika. What happened to all that stuff? Turn off the news, remove your mask, and live your life. This crap would disappear if people stopped paying attention to it. When will people learn?

The season will happen. It may be just part of it or it may be postponed until spring 21 but a whole season ain't gonna be 100% canceled.

Do you really believe that nonsense? I sincerely hope you are just joking. Just look at the media's great track record over the last 50 years. New York should already be underwater by now and we should all be dead from all the murder hornets and other big new viruses of the last few decades. AIDS, West Nile, Zika. What happened to all that stuff? Turn off the news, remove your mask, and live your life. This crap would disappear if people stopped paying attention to it. When will people learn?

I said there were outbreaks of both, I didn't say there would be pandemics of these two. There is a possiblity of both but I have hope. The Chicoms waited several weeks to tell anyone that Covid 19 was capable of human to human transmission and allowed several million people to travel around the world even though they knew what might happen, most likely to share the pain. So anything is possible. Their military build up continues and they were able to sideline an aircraft carrier with a virus so pucker up. No, I don't believe 90% of what I read in the news, but experience tells me, where there's smoke, at least some of the time there is fire.

Last edited:
The season will happen. It may be just part of it or it may be postponed until spring 21 but a whole season ain't gonna be 100% canceled.
This entire time I’ve thought greed would win out over fear. I underestimated the amount of fear the MSM has been able to manufacture. These schools will eventually cave to the pressure and cancel the entire season. Maybe basketball happens, maybe. We will see if the NBA plays first. I certainly won’t be watching that crap though. Not with a bunch of crybabies who didn’t play hard in front of fans in the first place. I’m sure the product with no fans will be excellent. At least they can practice social distancing properly while playing since they don’t play defense anyway.

If they go to a conference only schedule, the UF -FSU game gets canceled because it's "unsafe" but Syracuse-FSU and Boston College-FSU games are played because it's "safer" to play only within your conference.

Is there "science" to back up decisions like this because common sense says it's bunk?

Reactions: preacherwebb

VN Store

Back