Big improvement on DL & OL

The 2 INTs were on Maurer. I’m fine with him but he can’t take 6 pts off the board. That game is not close if he takes care of the ball in the redzone.
I would be inclined to overlook the second Maurer interception considering that he just had just taken a pile driver on his head a couple of plays before.

I would be inclined to overlook the second Maurer interception considering that he just had just taken a pile driver on his head a couple of plays before.

Agree. I was thinking that was a good spot to call a TO to make sure he was clear. A very nasty fall

First one is really on BM. Second was a good choice just needed to throw a little higher and a little farther forward.

Was happy to see the OL dominate at the end of the game. Needed a few first downs and run the ball down their throat. Those big guys did the job.

Reactions: Volank
The 2 INTs were on Maurer. I’m fine with him but he can’t take 6 pts off the board. That game is not close if he takes care of the ball in the redzone.
Our D got us the ball back in good field position both times and we scored 10 pts.

DL was fantastic today. What was the final, 7 sacks? I saw a play I haven’t seen in 10 years (it feels like that anyway) where we only rushes 3 AND still made the sack. Maybe it’s me but don’t remember seeing that kind of pressure in some time. They were called out this week so props to them and the rest of the squad for stepping up.

Side note, would’ve had 2 more sacks of #20 would wrap up lol. But no complaints.

First one is really on BM. Second was a good choice just needed to throw a little higher and a little farther forward.

Never good idea to throw back across your body...running right threw cross armed back across the field. Needed to throw the ball back right corner of the end zone and see if the WR could run it down. I'm a fan though, he gives us the best chance to win. Probably makes that play back in HS, last year.

Never good idea to throw back across your body...running right threw cross armed back across the field. Needed to throw the ball back right corner of the end zone and see if the WR could run it down. I'm a fan though, he gives us the best chance to win. Probably makes that play back in HS, last year.
I agree on not throwing back across your body. I didn't think this one was that far back across his body. That type of throw is usually picked off my a defender in front of the receiver. This pick was from the trailing DB.

Agree. I was thinking that was a good spot to call a TO to make sure he was clear. A very nasty fall
I agree, he should’ve been given a moment to collect himself at the very least if they wanted him to continue playing. That said, I love the Maurers moxie. He got the crowd fired up after that play.

I agree on not throwing back across your body. I didn't think this one was that far back across his body. That type of throw is usually picked off my a defender in front of the receiver. This pick was from the trailing DB.

He made the right read. Safety on that side of field bit on the shallower over route so the higher receiver was matched up in single coverage. The throw was just late and too far to the middle of the field. You have to throw the ball in front of you and lead the receiver to the ball. Bottom line is you can't turn it over there.

Reactions: spyfish007
I agree. BM did some good things but if we’re being judgement day honest here those 2 interceptions were troubling as far as decision making goes. Now I think he can learn from it but throwing into double coverage with almost zero chance of completing the pass CAN NOT HAPPEN for us to have a chance to win usually.

I agree. BM did some good things but if we’re being judgement day honest here those 2 interceptions were troubling as far as decision making goes. Now I think he can learn from it but throwing into double coverage with almost zero chance of completing the pass CAN NOT HAPPEN for us to have a chance to win usually.

He’s a freshman. If he’s making those same throws next year, there’s a problem.

Reactions: tennrich1

VN Store

Back