Big Commitment! DT Jordan Phillips

RTE

So, DT Jordan Phillips has committed to UT? That's a big deal! He's a 4 star 6'4" 300 pounder from Ocoee ( Orlando suburb). He was on UCF's radar and it was hoped he'd be a hometown hero for the Knights. Early indications had Phillips narrowing his choices to include his own "backyard," as the Bounce House is just 30 minutes away, but NO! Heupel scored a major win! This kid, and those like him, will shore up UT down the road.

So, DT Jordan Phillips has committed to UT? That's a big deal! He's a 4 star 6'4" 300 pounder from Ocoee ( Orlando suburb). He was on UCF's radar and it was hoped he'd be a hometown hero for the Knights. Early indications had Phillips narrowing his choices to include his own "backyard," as the Bounce House is just 30 minutes away, but NO! Heupel scored a major win! This kid, and those like him, will shore up UT down the road.
Correction - high 3 star .87 composite. We'll take it!

Reactions: BigDave
Offer list tells me more about him than his 3* rating. Really good pick up at position of need. With the news of the Bama DB coming over with 3-4 years left and this kid, maybe we can get a little momentum going....that's really been the only real concern of late, but I understand it. We've got NCAA potential sanctions, new staff, changing culture. Think JH doing alot of good stuff. Not expecting to be world killers this year on the field, but if recruits see some excitement on the field w/ offense, and maybe even a surprise on D w/ Gardner and crew simplifying the scheme, along with a fun and healthy culture building, JH may have a chance of at least getting us back to relevance.

Get ready 'cause here I come!

Man, I love R&B. Mid 60's to mid 70's produced some great music in all genres. If you opened up my "8 track tape case" around '76 you'd see anything from Lynyrd Skynrd to the Temptations, Allman Brothers to Isley Brothers, Conway Twitty to Elton John, Hall and Oates to the Marshal Tucker Band, Three Dog Night to the OJ's. Not to mention all the blues artists/bands.........

Man, I love R&B. Mid 60's to mid 70's produced some great music in all genres. If you opened up my "8 track tape case" around '76 you'd see anything from Lynyrd Skynrd to the Temptations, Allman Brothers to Isley Brothers, Conway Twitty to Elton John, Hall and Oates to the Marshal Tucker Band, Three Dog Night to the OJ's. Not to mention all the blues artists/bands.........
It was an amazing time for music. It would not be rare to see many of those different acts in the same concert.

Just to get here, and wants to be with us, and help us WELCOME TO THE HILL. Young man! Thanks for coming.

It was an amazing time for music. It would not be rare to see many of those different acts in the same concert.

If you never saw them, one of the best I ever saw live? Mother's Finest. Can't remember exactly who they were touring with, but I do know the opening act and the headliner were of the southern rock variety. At the time I saw them, that band was right at 50% white and 50% black. First multiracial band I had ever seen. And they kicked ass. Been a fan ever since.

Reactions: TennesseeTarheel
There will be a big Central Florida connection on the Defensive Line with Jordan Phillips and Venson Sneed - two very large dudes!

They have a solid pedigree to uphold, as Deacon Jones, Warren Sapp, Kenard Lang and others have come from that same turf.

VN Store

Back