Big 12 Championship (#5 Oklahoma St. Vs #9 Baylor 12:00PM ET)

Congrats BUBear, that is quite a single season turn-around!

(See, not all Texas fans/alums are a-holes 😁)
Gotta tell you that I was in Lenoir City when Vince Young beat USC. I think me and everyone there were Texas fans that night. Every time the Whorns scored I heard car horns and fireworks go off. When USC scored there was dead silence. I guess everyone was tired of hearing that USC team was the greatest in history.

Gotta tell you that I was in Lenoir City when Vince Young beat USC. I think me and everyone there were Texas fans that. Every time the Whorns scored I heard car horns and fireworks go off. When USC scored there was dead silence. I guess everyone was tired of hearing that USC team was the greatest in history.

I certainly enjoyed that one! Was living in San Diego at the time, behind enemy lines!

Neither team would come within 30 of Bama or UGA
Aranda would have a different offensive game plan for either of those teams plus have his starting QB back. There's a pretty good chance we will see Bama in the Sugar Bowl. Matt Rhule didn't get blown off the field in the Sugar Bowl against Georgia two years ago even though we had to play the last quarter and a half with a freshman QB. In fact it was a rather competitive game until Charlie Brewer got injured.

BTW Jacob Zeno is now in the transfer portal (entered after the third game this season) if you need an Elite 11 QB that has a cannon for an arm.

That was some of the worst offensive execution I have ever seen. 1st and goal at the 2, and you turn the ball over on downs. I think the that series right there rivals UT's goal line screw up against UF in 2017.

I like this comment from the Baylor forum about that goal line stand:

]Ghost of Mike Singletary took control over our defense there. Biggest defensive stop in Baylor history?

Reactions: tntar heel
Put a fedora hat on him and he literally looks like a tanned Tom Landry. He just won the biggest game of his young HC career. 😁

Reactions: LittleVol

That’s not really an accurate flow chart. Even with how fluid the CFP rankings are during the regular season, a team ranked as far down as #13 (i.e., Iowa) wasn’t going to jump all the way up into the top 4, even if they beat Michigan.

There’s a close to 0 chance of the outcomes that list them as potentially 1 of the 4 teams.

That’s not really an accurate flow chart. Even with how fluid the CFP rankings are during the regular season, a team ranked as far down as #13 (i.e., Iowa) wasn’t going to jump all the way up into the top 4, even if they beat Michigan.

There’s a close to 0 chance of the outcomes that list them as potentially 1 of the 4 teams.
Yeah I agree with you

VN Store

Back