Big 10 - In Conference Games Only

If there is a season, which I doubt that there will be, it will feature conference only games.

I’m about 40 percent on us having a season a month ago I was 80 percent probaly if we do get one in it will be conference games only and limited number of fans if any at all.

What does conference games only REALLY achieve? It eliminates zero risk as far as I can see.

It buys them a month, roughly.

It eliminates some travel.

It makes sure that the teams in the conference have some standards as far as testing and contact tracing goes.

But, they are college kids, they gonna college, hard to control that part I would guess.

So, South Carolina May not be able to play Clemson, but they can travel to Texas A&M? Got it.
Or LSU can play aTm, but not Texas. I get it from the fact that it creates some uniformity, but there are still some things that don’t make sense.

Crazy issues all across the board. Iowa can’t play Iowa state, but they can travel to Jersey to play Rutgers.

Reactions: oz615
NRG Stadium and Baylor officials dispute this tweet. We shall see.

I wonder how much it will cost Ole Miss to buy their way out of the game. Networks won't be happy.

"That’s becoming a question on all levels of football as COVID-19 cases spike through numerous states, including college football hubs Florida, Texas and California. The Big Ten and Pac-12 announced moves to conference-only schedules after the Ivy League pushed all fall sports, including football, to the spring semester.
Based on social media reactions, such news surprised those hoping for, if not counting on, the return of college football. The players, particularly some projected top 2021 draft prospects, have begun considering such a dark timeline over recent weeks.

NFL certified agents begin recruiting players during the summer ahead of the annual April draft. This year that’s meant video calls primarily because of the pandemic, though some agents ventured out for in-person meetings.

“If this (COVID-19) really continues down the path that I think it’s going down, there is a very likely chance that there’s going to be some high-profile kids signing with agents in the next 60 days,” one agent told The Athletic. With conferences reassessing their plans by month’s end, player decisions may come much sooner." Ben Standig The Athletic

Big meeting tomorrow with the SEC commish and coaches deciding if and when the season starts.

No out of conference play means no bowls/playoff as well. Thought they might change their minds on that later.

VN Store

Back