Big 10 athletic Directors thinking of changing their transfer rules

Wow. If the big 10 actually institutes this rule I think all other conferences will have to follow suite. For a team trying to get back on top like us...it’s good. But for a team already on top it’s bad imo

I don’t know; it sounds like it’s better for a team that’s already on top that would have been extremely successful but realizes it now has a hole it needs to patch (or can improve with a better player) before the season starts.

In the long run, the schools it probably hurts are the smaller brand, less successful (I’m going to call them “secondary level”) schools in the major conferences. Breaking through that ceiling (or even just raising that ceiling for the program) becomes much harder when the best players / actual NFL prospects that they managed to recruit eventually bolt to the teams that have repeatedly had success or are much more recognizable as a means to build their NFL resume, or alternatively to compete for championships.

Only thing I've ever heard Gene Smith say that made any damn sense at all, even if he has another motive other than the student athletes welfare ... which I'm sure he does being the asshat that he is.

I can see this both ways. A kid can want a fresh start and go from a stronger school to one that needs him.
Also it could work out that he/ she wants to just change scenery
Remember 3 of 4 playoff teams this year had transfer QBs starting for them.

I don’t know; it sounds like it’s better for a team that’s already on top that would have been extremely successful but realizes it now has a hole it needs to patch (or can improve with a better player) before the season starts.

In the long run, the schools it probably hurts are the smaller brand, less successful (I’m going to call them “secondary level”) schools in the major conferences. Breaking through that ceiling (or even just raising that ceiling for the program) becomes much harder when the best players / actual NFL prospects that they managed to recruit eventually bolt to the teams that have repeatedly had success or are much more recognizable as a means to build their NFL resume, or alternatively to compete for championships.

I can see that perspective. I’d say that if this becomes a rule...some years it’ll likely benefit us and some years it’ll likely hurt us.

VN Store

Back