Bethune Cookman Series

Perry Parris

The Wildcats come to town for a 3 game series beginning tomorrow with a 3PM start. BCC is 4-3 so far this year, losing a series with Jacksonville (1-2) and a single game with Stetson. BCC swept Mercer last weekend -- the same Mercer that swept Miami @ Miami (in a 2 game rain-shortened series) in the opening weekend.

BCC looks to have a nice, but top-heavy pitching staff. The Friday starter, Francisco Rodriguez, is 1-0 (2.84 ERA, opp batting .267 against, 12K/12.2 inn). Saturday starter Dustin Blackwell has had as good a start as you are gonna see: 2-0, 0.60 ERA, has allowed only 2 hits in 15 innings, with opponents batting .043 against him. Wow. Francisco Gomez has 2 saves.

BCC's team batting average is .310. UT's is .212 so far this year. Both teams have only 2 team HR.

The 'Cats have been a regional team several times the past few years, including last year, when they were in the Oxford regional.

The Vols will have to play well this weekend; the Sunday game against EMU was more like what we are accustomed to seeing from Tennessee baseball. Here's hoping for more of the same...

To read more about UT:
www.utsports.com | Official Web Site of The University of Tennessee Men's Athletic Department

BCC:
www.utsports.com | Official Web Site of The University of Tennessee Men's Athletic Department

Thanks Perry! I can't make it to the game Friday beacuse I have a Chemistry Lab till 630. I will try to make it to wither the Saturday or Sunday game, maybe both.

I'll be there Sunday. Tomorrow (Friday), I have work/son's baseball stuff. Saturday is Vol Basketball.

Looking forward to being back out at beautiful LNS.

See ya there!

Yeah, I don't know if I can make it this afternoon either but I am hoping to make it Sunday.

VN Store

Back