Best WR's in the SEC

Tillman is a stud even with the drops. That bomb he misjudged wasn’t easy as the corner was ripping at his left arm. Bru needs some slants as he will be tough to bring down (ala Jennings). I’m still waiting for them to launch Hyatt deep against a nickel or a safety.

How was he only a 2*
I agree!! It just shows you what hard work and a good head on your shoulders can get you! I promise you that a good evaluation of work ethics and morals will go nearly as far as a evaluation of measurable’s! Look at Jared Verse and the monster he has become

Reactions: norrislakevol
McCoy has had an instant impact. Very impressed with him. Transfer portal has been very kind to us in recent years.

We have landed studs such as:

Alvin Kamara
Cordalle Patterson
Velus Jones
Hendon Hooker
And now Bru McCoy

Probably leaving a few out as well.

Hopefully Heupel continues to raid the portal hard each year. It's much easier to gain an instant impact player than just normal recruiting classes imo.

Kamara and Cordarelle weren’t portal pickups. Just JUCOs. I think Velus might’ve also been pre-portal, but not positive.

Played in Vegas, not known for football standouts. UT discovered him and then others tried to pry him away but failed.
I think I read one of the helton brothers recruited a kid pff ceds high school team and didn't have room for ced but new he deserved a scholarship and called up helton when he was oc at Tennessee. If that timeline is correct I jus can't remember what coaches it was

The tightends made some good plays last night. They missed a couple also.
They miss some blocks which was some of the reason the running game suffer. They did not play very well much of the game. I think they will do better starting next week. A few changes will be made based on what the film shows. I expect a much cleaner game after the film shows what good defenses did to our offensive plays.

We had guys running wide open all day. If Hooker was at his best and if we hadn't dropped several very catchable balls, that score would have been quite different.

I was very impressed that we could pull off a win despite all the mistakes. That's a sure sign that we are improving our talent.

Reactions: norrislakevol
All our WRs and TE got bigger stronger and faster compared to last year. Think we finally have the size and power at those positions that bama and osu typically gets from the start. This should help set a new standard. I've always thought if we could get those type of WR from the start then Hypes offense would be unstoppable imo

Our coach was supposed to be TE centric and they ain't made noise yet because they are always blocking.
Heup will turn them loose on some unsuspecting opponent when the game plan calls for it. I think Heup keeps a few cards up his sleeve for a rainy day

Hooker missed some throws and Tillman dropped at least two sure catches and Hooker still completed 64% of his passes for 27 of 42 for 325yds and 2 TDs. That would be a career high for a lot of QBs right now. Tillman had 9 rec for 162 and a TD - that is a great day for any wideout. Our passing game shouldn't be a concern at all.

I think our problem against Pitt was our inability to run the ball with any consistency which could present problems against better defensive fronts. Jabari Small only had 10 rushes for 17 yards, granted a couple of those were for touchdowns from the 1 yrd line. Our leading rusher only had 47 yards (Jaylin Wright), our second leading rusher was Hooker with 27 (had 47 but lost 20 on 3 sacks). Still managed almost 100 yards(91) on the ground though.

Now if that was an off day, I can't wait to see what they do when the offense is clicking like last year. Got to get the ground game going for SEC play though.

VN Store

Back