Best & worst NFL free agents ever....

1Big_Orange_Fan

I apologize up front if this has already been discussed.

Saw this article this morning that lists the historical best and worst free agents for each NFL team. It's interesting that out of a total 64 players, 7 of them are Volunteers. Also interesting that 5 of the 7 were selected as worst ever free agent signings. In each case, the player seemed to have capitalized on a big contract at the end of their careers. Here's a list for those that don't want to click through.

Best FA signings:
Reggie White - Packers
Peyton Manning - Broncos

Worst FA signings:
Chuck Smith - Panthers
Peerless Price - Falcons
Dale Carter - Broncos
Alvin Harper - Buccaneers
Albert Haynesworth - Redskins

Every NFL team's best and worst free agent signing ever

I'd also say that each of these guys would be in the top 5 all-time at UT for each position group if I had to personally rank them.

Probably not Harper. That's not a knock on him, but Tennessee has had so many great WRs, many of whom were far more productive than Harper. Don't think Smith would be top 5 at his position, either. Otherwise, yes.

Albert is the worst in NFL history money wise, before he got the big contract i thought he had a chance at the Hall of Fame, but after he got the money he just quit working out and was always hurt he says instead of the Hall of Fame he is in the Hall of Shame.

I apologize up front if this has already been discussed.

Saw this article this morning that lists the historical best and worst free agents for each NFL team. It's interesting that out of a total 64 players, 7 of them are Volunteers. Also interesting that 5 of the 7 were selected as worst ever free agent signings. In each case, the player seemed to have capitalized on a big contract at the end of their careers. Here's a list for those that don't want to click through.

Best FA signings:
Reggie White - Packers
Peyton Manning - Broncos

Worst FA signings:
Chuck Smith - Panthers
Peerless Price - Falcons
Dale Carter - Broncos
Alvin Harper - Buccaneers
Albert Haynesworth - Redskins

Every NFL team's best and worst free agent signing ever
Was Arian Foster not an undrafted free agent ?

Three of those Vols are arguably the best player at his position for their entire careers..Manning, White, and Dale Carter.

While "Neon" Deion "Primetime" Sanders got all the media attention because of his Nike contract (and mouth)....Carter quietly was an All-Pro and made his living shutting down the opposing teams' number 1 receiver. He played his entire career in the "pass happy" AFC west playing Elway and the others twice a year. He also returned punts for the Chiefs, but IIRC he didnt return kickoffs despite being a 1st team All American at UT averaging about 30 yards per return his senior year (29.6?) Too lazy to look it up. The younger Vols think E.Berry was the best defensive back to play at UT...those of us with a few more birthdays remember that Dale carter was the best defensive back in college while here...and THE fastest player on the field every time he stepped on the turf.

* after 3 years, I was a little disappointed in Dale's son Warrior in his career at UT...last season it all seemed to "click" for the young man though...and he was a beast...who saved our butt numerous times. In fact, on that 4th down play at the goal line against UK, if he wasnt disciplined and stayed with his assignment on the running back, no way Toot makes that tackle on the QB to win the game. If warrior didnt use his head and stay "home", the Wildcats would have won that game.

Albert is the worst in NFL history money wise, before he got the big contract i thought he had a chance at the Hall of Fame, but after he got the money he just quit working out and was always hurt he says instead of the Hall of Fame he is in the Hall of Shame.
But Britney Jackson?

VN Store

Back