Best way to slow down Drew Lock

Drew Lock is one of the more overrated SEC quarterbacks I can remember. He does not scare me at all.

What should be done is send the blitz and take a 15 yard penalty and knock his axx out! That is what happened to JG.Let them play with the backup too!

Only way to stop Lock is to send in a player who you don’t care if he gets thrown out of the game and make him a hit man. Not advocating that, but that’s about it. The dude is good. Hope he has a great NFL career.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
Good post. I have less than your one percent but, to me, it seems like stopping their run game first gives us our best chance. If we can do that like we did KY, then we can focus on maybe jamming their receivers hard at the line to buy us a second or two for our pash rush. Our LBs have to really play the screens well, too, or Lock will kill us with those. For some reason, I smell some picks for our secondary. Our offense HAS to come out strong and put some points up...but, like most everybody else, I believe our D will win this game for us. Let's see how Dooley can game plan for a Pruitt defense.

But what do I know?

Ummm...okay. I am officially an idiot. Hope and optimism clouded my judgement yet again. We've said it all season and it remains the truth: we need to rebuild our lines from the inside out. Our lines keep getting manhandled in the trenches. We need about 3000-4000 lbs. of mean, country-strong beef in this recruiting class. That's 10-13 linemen. But, again...what do I know?

Our best chance to slow him down was getting off the field on 3rd downs. They converted soooo many

The only teams that have controlled Lock have been able to pressure him with 4-5 guys. He’ll pick you apart if you only have 5 guys in coverage.

Look at the stats.

With that said, the guy has a great arm
Coach Dools came back and pretty much kicked our asses, no? I guess that no coach is capable of learning anything. I mean if they suck here, they will always and forever suck everywhere.

VN Store

Back