Best Vols JUCO Pickups of all Time

I always liked Anthony Sessions. We were loaded at linebacker. But he still got ten sacks the one year he saw significant playing time.

Dale Carter
Garner
Daffney
Mims
Chuck Smith
Kamara
Julian Battle
Gibril Wilson
Little
Anthony Miller
Patterson
Sessions
Mahelona
Toeaina

Reactions: Vols All Day
Seems like the Pruitt staff leans a lot on picking up Juco's (that really have not panned out) and it used to be frowned upon for the most part unless the guy was a sure fire shoe in.

Just to get things started...

Charlie Garner
CP, Mahelona, AK

Dale Carter
Garner
Daffney
Mims
Chuck Smith
Kamara
Julian Battle
Gibril Wilson
Little
Anthony Miller
Patterson
Sessions
Mahelona
Toeaina
Good list. Man I loved Gibril Wilson. I remember a write up about him in football time, or maybe Rocky Top News, recruiting edition, where he talked about his hobby which was reading and watching programs about History! I was impressed then. One heck of a safety for us too.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
Still don’t know how Dooley got Patterson, but that dude could fly. I would take him over Kamara
Uhm...negative....had kamara been used properly that dude would have been insane....

Cee pee flash was good, but man he aint smart. I remember some meme when he played for the Vikings I think and he had the qb calling a play and he said 72 xz 42....cp go long.

Julian Battle and Gibril Wilson were favorites I’d mine! Ball Hawks!

Let’s not forget what could have been with Kenny O’Neal

Always think about bernard gafney...rip

Cant remember the other juco lineman with him that year
Dafney scored on one of the screwiest trick plays I've ever seen.

Scroll to 1:00:20... It's the replay of the TD. They completely missed it live.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
Anthony Miller. Maybe the best WR to ever wear orange. Great hands. Great speed. Tough as nails. Just needed to be a couple inches taller to potentially have been a top 10 all time in the NFL.

Good list. Man I loved Gibril Wilson. I remember a write up about him in football time, or maybe Rocky Top News, recruiting edition, where he talked about his hobby which was reading and watching programs about History! I was impressed then. One heck of a safety for us too.

Wilson had a good NFL career too.

One who is forgotten by many is Dave Thomas. He was signed in the same class as Dale Carter, but never played (or played very little) at UT because of injury. But he ended up starting for the Dallas Cowboys.

For those of y’all trying to remember “the other” linemen with Daffney, I’m pretty sure he was the only Juco OL in that class, but Chris Mims was his Juco teammate. That Juco class was Carter, Thomas, Smith, Mims, and Daffney. That has to be the best Juco class in UT history.

Dafney scored on one of the screwiest trick plays I've ever seen.

Scroll to 1:00:20... It's the replay of the TD. They completely missed it live.

Was that the fumblerooskie?
It has since been deemed illegal.

VN Store

Back