Best Vol True Freshman Ever

Just an honorable mention. Why does everybody discount Casey Clausen?

He had a great Freshman year. He also beat UF twice in Gainesville.

Reactions: Teeboy
True freshman-Jamal
Eric Berry probably second, Cosey Coleman would probably be third. Hard to compare skill positions against the trenches because they make impacts that are easier to see.

Surprised I haven’t seen Erik Ainge mentioned. Great freshman season, with wins over UF, UGA, and Bama. 17tds while splitting time early with Schaeffer and then getting hurt vs Notre Dame.

Edit: seeing some Ainge responses, but not as many as I think I thought . Don’t care who the coaches were when we beat UF and Bama, still big time wins by a true frosh QB.

Reactions: wmcovol
Sad thing is you'll have people on here who only see the 8 INTs and they'll call for him to be benched or transfer 🤣🤣🤣🤣
But, are you considering how the defense will be demoralized by those interceptions? How can they play well when the qb is throwing picks?

Jamal Lewis by far. Peyton didn't start until Jerry Colquitt who was the starter got hurt on I think the first drive of the season, they put Todd Helton in but they knew baseball was his future and didn't want to risk him getting hurt and Branndon Stewart had a canon for a arm and it was debated for a game or two which freshman was ready.

Condredge, we would have won the NC with him in 71' if freshman had been eligible. I'll never forget the 31-10 beatdown he put on Notre Dame and their 18 freshmen All Americans including Tom Clements at QB.

I sure don’t remember Peyton being that great as a freshman, remember him growing into the player he was when he left. Lewis showed up as a freak man child
Well if youd saw my other post I said my pick was Jamaal but I cant leave out Peyton, Quarterback is the most important position on the field and Peyton did a very good job his freshman year.

While he was a RS, Pickens played BOTH sides of the ball. Seen a lot of names on this thread, but other than Eric Berry, not sure who else played both sides.

I would vote for Jamal Lewis as a true freshman. I attended during the Peyton vs Brandon Freshman year. It was really a split campus between the two.

Reactions: walkenvol

VN Store

Back