Best Series Finale

BadJerry20

Internet Super Hero
It may already be on here somewhere, but bouncing off the cliffhanger thread, what is the best TV Show Finale of all Time?

For me it's also the best show of all time, The Shield. Most shows dip the longer they run, but season 7 as a whole is amazing, Family Meeting part 1 maybe being the best episode of the series period. Part 2 tied things up nicely,
Vic being confined to his own personal prison VS actual prison time was a nice touch

Reactions: davethevol
Other than the terrible CGI at a key moment I thought Sons of Anarchy had a pretty great ending.

The final slow bike chase with the crow's eye view at moments, all while "Come Join The Murder" by The White Buffalo played was pretty awesome. If they had just left the CGI crash out it would have been perfect.

Definitely M*A*S*H. Some great stories, but nothing too over the top, no crazy plot twists. Just an unbelievably emotional two hour ride.

Reactions: CagleMtnVol
I remember watching that with my Mom and trying to hold back tears.
I cried watching it the first time I saw it (in syndication). Now that I’m in the military, it’s even tougher. Cry every time. Henry Blake’s final episode is tough too.

Reactions: CagleMtnVol
I cried watching it the first time I saw it (in syndication). Now that I’m in the military, it’s even tougher. Cry every time. Henry Blake’s final episode is tough too.

Every time I see Henry Blake’s final episode I cry like a newborn baby. M*A*S*H is still my all time favorite show.

I took a few minutes to ponder, talk to the wife and this is what I came up with.

Obviously, IMHO, it's M*A*S*H. No competition. Not even close.

Best last scene was Newhart. Legendary.

Also loved Cheers. Me and all my high school friends thought we were cool ish by watching it at a bar.

Now for my list of not so obvious choices:
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Scrubs...the REAL finale before they added that final lame season.
Wonder Years

And although it doesn't hold up over time, I LOVED the Night Court finale at the time.

I thought Seinfeld's was good. It's fitting that's where they'd wind up together.

Having all those side characters back was special too

For me it's also the best show of all time, The Shield. Most shows dip the longer they run, but season 7 as a whole is amazing, Family Meeting part 1 maybe being the best episode of the series period. Part 2 tied things up nicely,
Vic being confined to his own personal prison VS actual prison time was a nice touch

Also had one of the greatest Pilots ever, IMO. The Shield was just awesome.

Reactions: BadJerry20

VN Store

Back