Best RB in the history of the South

Walker was definitely a beast at UGA. Unfortunately, I will never forget the "Bill Bates" run.

Must have been a Bama fan that put that list together with Bobby Humphrey and Shaun Alexander both on the list.

Originally posted by vol_freak@Jul 8, 2004 8:41 PM
Unfortunately, I will never forget the "Bill Bates" run.

Pretty amazing that you can refer to a single play from almost 24 years ago and everybody knows what you are talking about. That's how devastating Walker was.

People don't even get run over that bad on Playstation.

Originally posted by GAVol+Jul 8, 2004 10:41 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GAVol @ Jul 8, 2004 10:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-vol_freak@Jul 8, 2004 8:41 PM
Unfortunately, I will never forget the "Bill Bates" run.

Pretty amazing that you can refer to a single play from almost 24 years ago and everybody knows what you are talking about. That&#39;s how devastating Walker was.

People don&#39;t even get run over that bad on Playstation. [/quote]
:shakehead: True.

Bo was pretty good, but we sure shut him down the last time we faced him.

Who could ever forget that game when they came in here ranked #1 in the nation and Bo took himself out of the game. Classic Vol moment&#33;

Originally posted by vol_freak@Jul 10, 2004 12:50 AM
Who could ever forget that game when they came in here ranked #1 in the nation and Bo took himself out of the game. Classic Vol moment&#33;

I had forgotten about Bo asking out of the game. That was also the day that Sports Illustrated came to town (which was a lot bigger deal back then) to do a Heisman hype story on Bo Jackson . . . and Tony Robinson ended up on the cover instead.

Originally posted by GAVol+Jul 10, 2004 4:17 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GAVol @ Jul 10, 2004 4:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-vol_freak@Jul 10, 2004 12:50 AM

I had forgotten about Bo asking out of the game. That was also the day that Sports Illustrated came to town (which was a lot bigger deal back then) to do a Heisman hype story on Bo Jackson . . . and Tony Robinson ended up on the cover instead. [/quote]
I still have that issue somewhere. Great moment. 1985 wasn&#39;t it??

Originally posted by vol_freak+Jul 10, 2004 8:57 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vol_freak @ Jul 10, 2004 8:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by GAVol@Jul 10, 2004 4:17 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-vol_freak
@Jul 10, 2004 12:50 AM

I had forgotten about Bo asking out of the game. That was also the day that Sports Illustrated came to town (which was a lot bigger deal back then) to do a Heisman hype story on Bo Jackson . . . and Tony Robinson ended up on the cover instead.

I still have that issue somewhere. Great moment. 1985 wasn&#39;t it?? [/quote]
You&#39;re right - it was 1985. That is my favorite team of all time.

That 1985 really was a special team. We hadn&#39;t had a really good team in a while and I think that team really suprised a lot of people. I think many of my favorite teams are those that started the season with low expectations. Those are usually the most fun. That Sugar Bowl game against Miami still ranks up there as one of my favorite games of all time. That was before we were spoiled with hopes of National Championships every year.

No doubt Herschel or Bo. Both great players. I wish Bo wouldn&#39;t have gotten hurt. Himself and the fans missed out on a great career&#33;

I would also have to say either H. Walker or Bo. Walker was on one of the most dominant teams ever and Bo was a tremendous athlete.

Thank goodness we didn&#39;t see much of Terrell Davis. I loved watching him run for the Bronocs....nice balance between power and speed.

My vote is for Walker, but I also remember the fits that Robert Edwards gave us until he went out of the game, oh so many years ago.

VN Store

Back