Best QB is Shrout

Ridiculous? Not so “ridiculous” when what I said back then was on display. The arm strength quote is now undeniable. About two weeks ago I told someone he’d have to change from gunslinger to manager because of his lack of arm strength and lack of dominant weapons on the outside and tonight Cheney seems to have agreed with that statement as well. Maybe that changes with time but he was used as a manager tonight.
HB doesn’t have “arm strength” issues lol.

Ridiculous? Not so “ridiculous” when what I said back then was on display. The arm strength quote is now undeniable. About two weeks ago I told someone he’d have to change from gunslinger to manager because of his lack of arm strength and lack of dominant weapons on the outside and tonight Cheney seems to have agreed with that statement as well. Maybe that changes with time but he was used as a manager tonight.
I don't give a flying rip what you think of his arm strength as it's clearly good enough to succeed at this level. Brandon Stewart had a better arm than Manning too and that didn't matter much. HB was always going to be the guy in Knoxville and your guy was always going to likely transfer. Difference between BM and ex Vol Stewart is that Stewart transferred to power5, got to start and was successful, 3 for 3, want to bet how many of the same 3 situations BM accomplishes when he goes?

I like Shrout, he did seem to get the ball out quickly last year. Accuracy is/was the issue. Bailey played pretty well given the circumstances. He'll only get better.

Reactions: tbones0711
I don't give a flying rip what you think of his arm strength as it's clearly good enough to succeed at this level. Brandon Stewart had a better arm than Manning too and that didn't matter much. HB was always going to be the guy in Knoxville and your guy was always going to likely transfer. Difference between BM and ex Vol Stewart is that Stewart transferred to power5, got to start and was successful, 3 for 3, want to bet how many of the same 3 situations BM accomplishes when he goes?
If you’re betting skills are as good as your predictions? Hell yeah I want to bet!

JTS has the physical tools. He was lauded coming out of HS for them, it's why he was recruited here. He has virtually no experience. It's possible he could be there best once he grows into his skillset. It just might not happen before his college days are done. Bailey is not as physically talented, but he is far more experienced in how to play the position. They both need time in games and more practice to sort it out. Having them buried under JG all year has been a travesty. They've missed out on most of an entire season of games and quality practice. They clearly have higher ceilings than Jarrett. Whichever one of them that can win and lead is who I'm for. After that, I don't care who plays.

The problem with Shrout is he is terribly inconsistent. He is just as likely next game to go out and throw 3 picks in 3 passes next game.

Btw this was your best point because it shows he hasn’t changed his stance from three years ago when he stated in that interview that “I believe qbs are no different than any other position” and went on to say it’s a plug and play position just like any LB.
I think Bailey will do well on he long ball. Still needs to work on the timing. I hope so anyway.

I’m assuming he could time the long ball in HS well. At least I don’t remember any problems watching his HS video. I do not think he would have been rated as high as he was if there was any issues in long ball accuracy.

If you’re betting skills are as good as your predictions? Hell yeah I want to bet!
You're saying BM will go to a power5 the level of Texas A&M, start and lead whoever it may be to a 23-11 record in his career, a conference championship and a BCS bowl as Stewart did? Yes, I'm interested in that bet. You see, TN fans have seen numerous Muarer types in our years, your boy doesn't measure up. Vol QBs with whom BM does not come close to measuring up are numerous.

You're saying BM will go to a power5 the level of Texas A&M, start and lead whoever it may be to a 23-11 record in his career, a conference championship and a BCS bowl as Stewart did? Yes, I'm interested in that bet. You see, TN fans have seen numerous Muarer types in our years, your boy doesn't measure up. Vol QBs with whom BM does not come close to measuring up are numerous.
Naw. I’m not going to make that bet but I’ll go this far. How about I bet that he ends up at a power 5 school. On top of that if he ends up at an SEC school, he beats the brakes off of UT when he gets his first opportunity. Wanna make that bet?

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
Naw. I’m not going to make that bet but I’ll go this far. How about I bet that he ends up at a power 5 school. On top of that if he ends up at an SEC school, he beats the brakes off of UT when he gets his first opportunity. Wanna make that bet?
Lol, he's likely not going to end up in the SEC, but if he does you'll have a good board to pitch your conspiracy theories to. Come back and see us sometime.

Lol, he's likely not going to end up in the SEC, but if he does you'll have a good board to pitch your conspiracy theories to. Come back and see us sometime.
So just to be clear, you want to steer clear of that bet huh?

He didn't drink and dunk, he didn't take what the defense have him and pushed the ball down the field. Not like every other game
He has the most arm talent by far and when he sets his feet he has a really good throwing motion. He also had garbage time and faced back up secondary. There’s an argument for both sides.

One week Pruitt did not even put Shrout on the travel squad, Another game Pruitt pulled him immediately after an interception.
Any bets on which quarterback starts at Vanderbilt ? Any bets on which quarterbacks transfer by the end of year, Pruitt is clueless on how to develop and play quarterbacks !!

Best arm but he was facing a relaxed prevent defense. Not a reliable indicator today but both Qb’s looked good today.
It's really hard to tell with his limited exposure but he appeared to be quicker than Bailey and he was accurate with his throws. Being quick would be a major advantage playing behind Tenn Offensive line lol. What really caught my attention with Strout though was his posture which viewed from the side reminded me of Joe Namath. Just based on that he would be my first pick lol.

Reactions: tbones0711
One week Pruitt did not even put Shrout on the travel squad, Another game Pruitt pulled him immediately after an interception.
Any bets on which quarterback starts at Vanderbilt ? Any bets on which quarterbacks transfer by the end of year, Pruitt is clueless on how to develop and play quarterbacks !!
He probably will put in the Holiday kid and right before he snaps the ball, Pruitt will forfeit the game.

Best arm but he was facing a relaxed prevent defense. Not a reliable indicator today but both Qb’s looked good today.
It's really hard to tell with his limited exposure but he appeared to be quicker than Bailey and he was accurate with his throws. Being quick would be a major advantage playing behind Tenn Offensive line lol. What really caught my attention with Strout though was his posture which viewed from the side reminded me of Joe Namath. Just based on that he would be my first pick lol.

UF has rushed 3 almost everytime and are playing 2nd team. They should have have Bailey in. They let Shrout throw almost as much in two garbage drives as Bailey the whole game.
Bailey had plenty of chances and only completed one pass over 10 yds. Shrout was better yesterday, garbage time or not.

The Vandy game wont happen, is my prediction. So question is moot

VN Store

Back