Best Plays of 04

What was the best play of 04?

• Total voters
The Wilhoit kick was the biggest imo. Another big one not on the list was the fake punt against ole miss with Riggs TD run on the next play.

Florida kick. Was the second most-exciting field goal in all of college football last season, and it set the tone for us for the rest of the year.

Originally posted by milohimself@Aug 13, 2005 6:07 PM
Florida kick. Was the second most-exciting field goal in all of college football last season, and it set the tone for us for the rest of the year.
[snapback]126258[/snapback]​

and the first would be...... :dunno:

Texas in the Rose Bowl over Michigan. Say what you will about the Longhorns, but there's no denying that game was off the wall.

Originally posted by vols2345@Aug 13, 2005 4:45 PM
I will go with Ainge's pass aginst georgia.
[snapback]126223[/snapback]​

Although it did not "seal" the game.......We had to knock down a pass with no time left to win.

Yeah, gotta go with the Fumble Recovery. It ended up being the difference in the game, and set the tone early. That game was a day after I proposed in the same endzone he ran the TD into, and without that win, I would be hating the third saturday of October each year as a Vol fan.

About the Ainge pass....the people on his jock should realize that the first TD pass into the back of the endzone with the touch on it was a better pass than the one at the end of the game. The one at the end was nice, but it was more of a luck pass and the first one was a pass that a great QB should be making, and he did.

My fav. plays of '04

a pass against UGA where we faked a screen pass left then fired one up the sidelines for about 20 yards....beautifully executed.
Jason Allen int. against FLA.
Long pass to Tinsley on 3rd down, first possesion against UGA.
Bret SMith TD catch against fla.
Bret Smith GW TD at ole miss.
TE dive into the endzone against fla.
Pass to tony brown, followed by a short pass to hannon to set up wilhoit against fla.
Schaeffer long pass at end of first half against SC and 2pt. run.
Schaeffer TD run against UNLV.
Fayton's long pass against UK.
Tinsley first half punt return against bama.
Fake punt at ole miss.
Bret Smith TD catch against UGA.

I went with the fumble recovery...I was in that end zone when it happened and all the Bammers around me sat down with their heads in their laps...PRICELESS!!!

Originally posted by IBleedOrange24/7@Aug 14, 2005 12:11 AM
I went with Parys TD!  Early against Bama, You know that had every Bama fan feeling really sick.
[snapback]126430[/snapback]​

:rock:

Tell me if this works.

[attachmentid=3021]

Attachments

• VTS_01_1.avi
    1.9 MB · Views: 49
8 downloads, did it work for you? I am not sure if the codec I encoded it with is installed in windows by default.

I would say the best play was Wilhoits FG in the FL game. But I do catch myself going back and watching the Gerald Riggs run in the SEC Title Game from time to time, the way he just leaves the whole defense looking at each other going...WTF just happened here!! I loved it!! :bow:

yeah i gotta go with the field goal against florida for the win.
funny thing is that I was at the game with a bunch of gator alumns and during that drive i got a phone call from another gator giving me a hard time that we were about to lose.....I tried to call him back after the kick and his phone was turned off......priceless!!!

I watch this quite often....(sigh) :rock:

http://216.111.31.3/2004/game2/video/flori...e=fieldgoal.wmv

just press play!!!

Gotta go with the field goal, that game literally broke me down. I didn't sleep the night before (not because of the game mind you, I'm not that hardcore.), so I was watching it having not slept in 36 hours. I actually think that Wilhoit's kick was more impressive than the Rose Bowl kick simply because he did it after missing that PAT, although the Rose Bowl kick definitely won the bigger game.

All I know is, having experienced the agony of defeat and the thrill of victory within a 5 minute span, all on no sleep, I just stopped functioning completely.

Originally posted by milohimself@Aug 13, 2005 9:41 PM
Texas in the Rose Bowl over Michigan. Say what you will about the Longhorns, but there's no denying that game was off the wall.
[snapback]126301[/snapback]​

Sorry, but I would put the Wilhoit kick above that one. That UF game was as exciting as they come and with Wilhoit missing the extra point only to come back and sink the 50 yarder.......it was just better.

For me, the game against UF comes close. But the Rose Bowl... It was a team I follow vs. a team I hate, not to mention it was the freakin' Rose Bowl. Florida ended up rolling over and dying last season, so the win was kind of diminished for me. I mean, the kick was electrifying no doubt, but after seeing the Gators' fourth quarter losses come even against the weakest of teams, I also had to question our play that game as well.

Either way, they were the two best kicks in all of college football last season.

VN Store

Back