Votes: 43 58.1%
  • Temple of Doom

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Last Crusade

Votes: 26 35.1%
  • Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
The original. Very little hokey and much more gritty. No recycled humor also a plus.

What they went for is so ambitious and bizarre and weird, and it captured my imagination as a kid. I probably would have hated it as an adult, tho.

I loved it too. I don’t note how I would have felt as an adult. Is it really more far out than the Ark melting faces?

Thanks to ToD we have the PG-13 rating.

Reactions: n_huffhines
Originals are always best. Prolly 10 years ago Comic Con was in town and a few of us walked around one of the hotels during lunch. Guy had the absolute best Toht costume ever....
Was not good enough to make me wanna dress up the following year though...😂

I loved it too. I don’t note how I would have felt as an adult. Is it really more far out than the Ark melting faces?

Thanks to ToD we have the PG-13 rating.

The weirdness in LC and Raiders was all Bible-related and that was familiar to me. Monkey brains, child slaves, and heart surgery through voodoo osmosis blew my mind.

Reactions: NEO
The weirdness in LC and Raiders was all Bible-related and that was familiar to me. Monkey brains, child slaves, and heart surgery through voodoo osmosis blew my mind.

Temple is by far the most fun movie. From the raft down the mountain to the mine ride to the bridge etc it was a video game on screen. Crusade is the best I think but Temple is a blast.

Loved the arcade too but man it are quarters.

Temple is by far the most fun movie. From the raft down the mountain to the mine ride to the bridge etc it was a video game on screen. Crusade is the best I think but Temple is a blast.

The NES game was one of the few games I was never able to beat but I loved it.

I had a ToD game on my Apple 2C but I didn't ever beat it. I was pretty sure I was on the last level and you'd just sit on a ledge and have fireballs shot at you and there was nowhere to go that I could figure out. Probably spent 10 hours on that ledge trying to figure out how to advance the game. Really stupid.

You beat a NES game you felt like you conquered the world. It was an accomplishment.

I never beat ghost and goblins. I came close but the whole start you back at the beginning part again was just a douche move.

1. Raiders
2. Last Crusade
3. Temple of Doom

15. Crystal Skull - Somewhere after the Young Indiana Jones, Lego Indiana Jones and whatever else. Shia Lebouf annoys me. The swinging from vines scene, the Aliens, just horrible. I really really wanted to like that movie but like the Star Wars prequels, no matter how much I try, I can’t.

ToD gets a bum wrap. It was a fun movie.

Raiders and Last Crusade were always neck-and-neck for me. After I heard about the major plot hole where Indy himself makes no real impact on the story of Raiders, Last Crusade pulled ahead. Raiders is still a great movie, regardless.

Anybody else play the Raiders game on Atari growing up? I was still pretty young at that time, but that was one of the first video games I remember playing at home. I still remember the little pixelated whip, lol. But the art on the cartridge looked good!

Reactions: BenGrimm
Fair point. Woulda been better if they hadnt tried to make Shia Lebouf into the next Indy.

They are talking about doing another. I'm not holding my breath.

Crystal Skull was just awful all the way around. Awful CGI, terrible plot, and continuity issues. Also it's completely the opposite of the previous movies in that they were based around religious artifacts with paranormal powers. This one was essentially science fiction, with a hint of religion. I don't know what was worse, nuking the fridge, swinging on vines to catch up to a speeding car, or using a clearly fake snake to pull Indy out of quicksand.

I voted for the original, but the Last Crusade was a great movie.

Anybody else play the Raiders game on Atari growing up? I was still pretty young at that time, but that was one of the first video games I remember playing at home. I still remember the little pixelated whip, lol. But the art on the cartridge looked good!

Yep! Had that one too!

Reactions: thehill98

I played that game every day on my lunch break in the arcade in the 50’s area at Opryland. I worked behind the scenes and didn’t have to wear a uniform and had to walk right past the arcade to get to the cafeteria. I loved it....

I played that game every day on my lunch break in the arcade in the 50’s area at Opryland. I worked behind the scenes and didn’t have to wear a uniform and had to walk right past the arcade to get to the cafeteria. I loved it....

My friend worked at opryland in the 90s. He would hand me a blank application and say I am applying for a job and I would get in for free and we would walk around. Chaos was a great ride and the grizzly river rampage is still the greatest water ride of all time. Kills dollywood, holiday world, kings island and Disney.

My friend worked at opryland in the 90s. He would hand me a blank application and say I am applying for a job and I would get in for free and we would walk around. Chaos was a great ride and the grizzly river rampage is still the greatest water ride of all time. Kills dollywood, holiday world, kings island and Disney.
I worked there ‘84-‘86.... before Chaos and the Hangman

I worked there ‘84-‘86.... before Chaos and the Hangman

I dont remember hangman. Delta demon was great ride though and fun. What was the hangman and when did that come? I moved 94.

Edit. I just googled hangman and it looked awesome. Guess it is Kong now at six flags. Damn I miss that park. Stupid mall now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Carl Pickens
I voted for Raiders because it set a high standard for the others to follow, but Last Crusade is a close second. The ending of Last Crusade was the perfect send-off for the series.

I can't watch the second one with Kate Capshaw. Who wants to hear that woman yelling for two hours? The movies are supposed to be an escape from real life.

I didn't mind Kate Capshaw so much, but Willie Scott squealing at everything that crawled or squirmed or oozed didn't take long to get old. That and the overall darker tone made it my least favorite of the original three although it does have some fun moments.

Fair point. Woulda been better if they hadnt tried to make Shia Lebouf into the next Indy.

They are talking about doing another. I'm not holding my breath.

Indiana Jones and the Bedpan of Peril

Reactions: Ernest T. Vol

VN Store

Back