Best Guitar Solo of All Time

to counter the clean and concise - another of my favorites; James Williamson slopping up in a most excellent way

Robert Fripp on Brian Eno's St. Elmo's Fire. solo starts at 1:20 if you aren't a fan of the song

Impossible to say what the "best" one is but here are some of my favorite/most inspiring solos. (And yes OP, the EVH one you posted is most definitely one of them so I'll not double post.)
For sure, Gilmour's solo absolutely makes "Comfortably Numb" one of the greatest rock songs of all time. Obviously, not the most technical, but the hauntic, melodic tones are legendary.

One of my favorites and I don’t even know the dude’s name. Starts at 3:45. Bonus points for one of the greatest keyboardists in Rock history (RIP Ian Mc).

It might be comedy, Cheech’s falsetto might be fingernails on a chalkboard to some, was produced on the spur of a moment, and is more noodling than soloing but I love George Harrison’s work on this. Throw in Billy Preston, Klaus Voormann, Carol King, Nicky Hopkins, and other legends and it’s an amazing recording that Lou Adler slapped together.

One of my favorites and I don’t even know the dude’s name. Starts at 3:45. Bonus points for one of the greatest keyboardists in Rock history (RIP Ian Mc).

great song and amen about Ian mclagan.

The album Ian McLagan and the Bump Band Live at the Lucky Lounge is a must have for anyone who loved the Faces sound.

VN Store

Back