Best Entrance in College Football

Metallica stopped being Metallica around 1990, right after the release of “. . . And Justice for All.”

Metallica stopped being Metallica around 1990, right after the release of “. . . And Justice for All.”
You’re totally wrong because Hardwired is as good of trash as they’ve ever made!!! 🤘🤘 you need to “Spit Out the Bone” 🤣

Reactions: Chad F
After watching the team run through the T at the 1985 Sugar Bowl, I think I know what opening Keith Jackson and Frank Broyles would have voted for.

Reactions: chuckb1448
You’re totally wrong because Hardwired is as good of trash as they’ve ever made!!! 🤘🤘 you need to “Spit Out the Bone” 🤣

James does way too much of that “Yeah Yeeeah” stuff now as a vocalist. Metallica just turned me off with everything post AJfA. The “Black Album” and especially “Load” and “Re-Load” were straight up trash. Won’t bother even talking about “St Anger” and the head-scratching focus on a dang snare drum. “Death magnetic” and “Hardwired to Self Destruct” were attempts to get back to their roots, but they just lost it for me. Too far gone. Great musicians, no doubt, but they “evolved” in a direction that betrayed what they stood for.

I saw SLAYER fourteen times in concert before they hung it up. Those guys never compromised, and that’s why I loved their music so much.

Reactions: beachvol23
@beachvol23 , have you checked out the new Iron Maiden album yet? It’s awesome. I usually think long songs (over 5 minutes) are a losing proposition, but Maiden still pulls it off. Their guitar work remains pristine . . . And Steve Harris’s bass is on point (as usual). Bruce’s vocals are still great as well.

Reactions: beachvol23
James does way too much of that “Yeah Yeeeah” stuff now as a vocalist. Metallica just turned me off with everything post AJfA. The “Black Album” and especially “Load” and “Re-Load” were straight up trash. Won’t bother even talking about “St Anger” and the head-scratching focus on a dang snare drum. “Death magnetic” and “Hardwired to Self Destruct” were attempts to get back to their roots, but they just lost it for me. Too far gone. Great musicians, no doubt, but they “evolved” in a direction that betrayed what they stood for.

I saw SLAYER fourteen times in concert before they hung it up. Those guys never compromised, and that’s why I loved their music so much.
Yeah I hear ya, they should’ve made one Load album and the 90’s were shifting all over the place. Death has some good songs and it would’ve been great if they shortened a few of them. You really should give Hardwired several good full length plays. It turned me around too. Full disclosure, I hate Lars and if Cliff was still around he would’ve been fired long ago! His ego in song structure gets old and tends to drag songs out too long!

Reactions: Chad F
1d44a3164b1722cb4d6b5e7e656a106f.gif

I love UT, but Enter Sandman is the best hands down. I can’t lie to myself and vote for the Vols here. I’m from VA, been to many VT games. Went to UT and saw four seasons of the T. Enter Sandman is #1 in my book.

Wish we switched up our entrance music. I admit to being more than borderline insane, nonetheless, I like of these candidates.

1. Peter Gunn theme
2. That hair-raising threatening sound from the first Alien movie
3. Jim Dandy to the Rescue

I'm all about Jim Dandy!!! Winner!

Reactions: WoodsmanVol
Fl St has got to be 2nd.
FSU's doesn't count for this competition, because the horse and rider aren't part of the team's entry onto the field. IIRC, Osceola comes out after the players are already on the sideline.

This competition is about team entrances. *thumbsup*

If we made a separate list of cool things teams do to celebrate their heritage/mascot/theme, Chief Osceola would be right up there at the top. Auburn's war eagle flight would be pretty high too, I think. Oklahoma's covered wagon as well, esp. when it accidentally flips over, that's hilarious.

But for team entrances, nothing really comes close to running through the T.

Go Vols!

I love UT, but Enter Sandman is the best hands down. I can’t lie to myself and vote for the Vols here. I’m from VA, been to many VT games. Went to UT and saw four seasons of the T. Enter Sandman is #1 in my book.

Enter Sandman is the best at which of the 125 stadiums that it’s played in?

What’s next? Crazy Train? Ugh

That entrance is one turned knee/ankle away from being done away with too.

Yep, there’s that too.

I was there for a Clemson-South Carolina game back in 2002, the atmosphere was solid for a rivalry game, but the entrance was meh. College teams shouldn’t ride a bus to their own stadium.

Last edited:
Touching a rock and running down a hill? Whoopy. I think I did that in soccer practice in high school except we had to run up the hill to get to the rock.
Before our soccer games, we had to get the rocks off the field.

VN Store

Back