Being an elite team comes with letdowns

ERICtheBERRY

Errric Berrrrrry
Look at Duke and UNC. Are they going 30-0 every year? Nope. They get upset sometimes.

Oakland was bound to win one eventually and unfortunately it was against us. We'll be back Friday, and I'm sure we'll win the next 10 games til UCONN.

Look at Duke and UNC. Are they going 30-0 every year? Nope. They get upset sometimes.

Oakland was bound to win one eventually and unfortunately it was against us. We'll be back Friday, and I'm sure we'll win the next 10 games til UCONN.
You aren't wrong, but his was not a good one to lose, right when people began buying into this team.

Teens I would assume.

Sorry! Thought I was in another thread - where we drop to? Not sure what happened!

Last edited:
It isn't that bad of a loss...I believe the dominating win over Pitt ( virtually at Pitt ) still overrides a loss at home to Oakland...they are a good team and should be in the tourney as they were last year.

It is December guys.

when is the last time duke lost a home non conference game?

this isnt as bad a loss as people are making it out to be. coming off a big win, most of campus has returned home for break; it was probably hard getting up for this one. plus, oakland has a 1st rounder in benson. oakland has a good shot to win their conference and go to the tourney.

good thing about college basketball is you can loose a few and still be in good shape to go far in the tourney

this isnt as bad a loss as people are making it out to be. coming off a big win, most of campus has returned home for break; it was probably hard getting up for this one. plus, oakland has a 1st rounder in benson. oakland has a good shot to win their conference and go to the tourney

good thing about college basketball is you can loose a few and still be in good shape to go far in the tourney
Posted via VolNation

"elite " teams don't lose home games to horizon league teams.

Mobile

Last edited:
Might as well say the following:

-If Oakland could've bought a free throw, MSU would be on the same end that we're on right now.
-In 2005, UNC lost to Santa Clara, a team that didn't even go .500. Guess what? UNC won the national championship.
-The 2006-07 Gators lost to a 17-15 LSU team. They still won the NC.
-The 2007-08 Jayhawks lost to a 17-16 Oklahoma State team. They still won the NC.

The season never ends because of one game early in the season. I'm sure you can find a lot of examples of fantastic teams having one bad loss.

I don't think this team will win the NC or anything, I'm just trying to state that you can never call the season over after one game.

VN Store

Back