Before we fire any coaches

Let's fire the ******* administrators and lawyers that allow these huge buyouts with this failure of a coach. I wish I could have that kind of deal with my job.

If you think our coaching pool was **** before, try hiring a coach without a huge buyout. Rush Propst wouldn’t even take the job.

Let's fire the ******* administrators and lawyers that allow these huge buyouts with this failure of a coach. I wish I could have that kind of deal with my job.

In 12 years, this is your 57 post and you start this lame thread? Seriously? Failure of a coach has yet to be determined but failure as an effective poster has been cemented. Make sure number 58 has some substance before posting.

I like it, they are paid millions to win and when they don't win, get fired and paid millions to leave...............

First, no coaches are getting fired. Second, no coach would come to UT without a huge buyout, hell you people want to fire coaches 14 games in who would take that job without the buyout? Lastly, the only failure is your pathetic post, go back to the basement and try again.

First, no coaches are getting fired. Second, no coach would come to UT without a huge buyout, hell you people want to fire coaches 14 games in who would take that job without the buyout? Lastly, the only failure is your pathetic post, go back to the basement and try again.

I don't want fire any coaches that's been done to death already, but I would like watch a QB that looks a little better than kid playing middle school football...………...

No program will ever sign a coach without these type of buyouts. It’s the nature of the business.

The OP has a legitimate post! I for one agree with him! It starts at the top. Since President Johnson retired, the athletics program, especially football has gone in the tank. Promoting the no good for nothing Dipetrio was not the worst thing that we have done. That's only because of the three Presidents before him were absolutely terrible!

Shumaker was going on vacation and didn't want to have to deal with the process of hiring an AD so he just promoted Hamilton. Gilley and Peterson were major jokes and Dipetrio wasn't any better! Even the chancellors for the Knoxville campus have been third rate. Don't believe me? Just look at the current AD. A washed up coach who was paid millions to be the coach only to run the program plum into the ground and then paid six million to leave. Then, fearing for her job, in a last ditch effort to save it, the Chancellor brought him back in as the AD. Yet, here we go again, paying the man that is the cause for our football troubles millions more to be in charge of it.

The OP is right! It's high time to cut the administration loose and get some quality people in there!

Reactions: UT_King

OP, could you please make your top 5 list of coaches, who would come here with no buyout clause, after you just fired the last coach after 14 games? tia

Reactions: TNDeb3
The OP has a legitimate post! I for one agree with him! It starts at the top. Since President Johnson retired, the athletics program, especially football has gone in the tank. Promoting the no good for nothing Dipetrio was not the worst thing that we have done. That's only because of the three Presidents before him were absolutely terrible!

Shumaker was going on vacation and didn't want to have to deal with the process of hiring an AD so he just promoted Hamilton. Gilley and Peterson were major jokes and Dipetrio wasn't any better! Even the chancellors for the Knoxville campus have been third rate. Don't believe me? Just look at the current AD. A washed up coach who was paid millions to be the coach only to run the program plum into the ground and then paid six million to leave. Then, fearing for her job, in a last ditch effort to save it, the Chancellor brought him back in as the AD. Yet, here we go again, paying the man that is the cause for our football troubles millions more to be in charge of it.

The OP is right! It's high time to cut the administration loose and get some quality people in there!
Now, where's that damn hate button...

I don't want fire any coaches that's been done to death already, but I would like watch a QB that looks a little better than kid playing middle school football...………...

I don't think anyone will argue with you on this one

I asked a friend of mine who played for Doug Dickey and Bill Battle and was part of the 1970 Sugar Bowl team that went 11-1. His take:

More games are lost than won. That’s because most teams will experience breakdowns throughout the game. Penalties, fumbles, etc. some are forced, some just happen. So it’s usually a question of “did we get beat” or “did we have too many breakdowns.”

Breakdowns happen due to youth, skill, experience, training, etc. They always happen so it’s how you respond that matter. More breakdowns happen offensively than defensively.

In short, if your defense is unable to generate breakdowns and your offense is overly susceptible to them ... you lose. So to win, recruit better, condition better and train, train, train on skills.

He said with average talent and average coaching, teams today should win 6-7 games. Especially since most have 2-3 FCS teams.

As a player ... it’s a huge step to get to 8-3. Weight room, nutrition, study, flexibility... it’s what separates the Top 25 from middle of the pack.

To get to 10-1, is a MASSIVE commitment. He said he didn’t even bother to go to class. It’s was football 24/7. Everything goes your way because you are prepared to make it happen.

Re Pruitt, he’s doing the right things. And any coach who follows would do much the same thing.

The breakdowns he sees are all due to players who don’t seem to want to play (maybe because they feel entitled) or players too young. He said it’s a big gap for freshmen to play against seniors regardless of school.

Overall, he wasn’t torqued up about Pruitt. But totally against continuing to bring in nonSEC coaches. That dog don’t hunt ...

Take it for what it’s worth ...

Saw the thread title and thought you were gonna offer a reasoned, thought out, adult opinion/take. I was wrong.

Reactions: JohnD13
Unfortunatley you don't realize that ALL contracts have these buyouts. Please do your research.

Think about this: If you are going to coach Tennessee right now, wouldn’t you ask for a big buyout as a condition of coming here? You need protection to accept a challenging rebuild.

It sounds nice to complain about a buyout, but that’s college football now. And especially to come to Tennessee now would require a buyout to recruit a coach.

Reactions: white65
I asked a friend of mine who played for Doug Dickey and Bill Battle and was part of the 1970 Sugar Bowl team that went 11-1. His take:

More games are lost than won. That’s because most teams will experience breakdowns throughout the game. Penalties, fumbles, etc. some are forced, some just happen. So it’s usually a question of “did we get beat” or “did we have too many breakdowns.”

Breakdowns happen due to youth, skill, experience, training, etc. They always happen so it’s how you respond that matter. More breakdowns happen offensively than defensively.

In short, if your defense is unable to generate breakdowns and your offense is overly susceptible to them ... you lose. So to win, recruit better, condition better and train, train, train on skills.

He said with average talent and average coaching, teams today should win 6-7 games. Especially since most have 2-3 FCS teams.

As a player ... it’s a huge step to get to 8-3. Weight room, nutrition, study, flexibility... it’s what separates the Top 25 from middle of the pack.

To get to 10-1, is a MASSIVE commitment. He said he didn’t even bother to go to class. It’s was football 24/7. Everything goes your way because you are prepared to make it happen.

Re Pruitt, he’s doing the right things. And any coach who follows would do much the same thing.

The breakdowns he sees are all due to players who don’t seem to want to play (maybe because they feel entitled) or players too young. He said it’s a big gap for freshmen to play against seniors regardless of school.

Overall, he wasn’t torqued up about Pruitt. But totally against continuing to bring in nonSEC coaches. That dog don’t hunt ...

Take it for what it’s worth ...

You know about opinions

"we" ain't gonna fire anybody...neither will Coach/AD Fulmer...:D

GO BIG ORANGE...BEAT THE MOCS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We aren't going to fire our way out of this mess. Every position in the coaching staff has been replaced multiple times over and the results seem to be getting worse. There is no silver bullet at this point. Just pain.

VN Store

Back