Beer barrel

Can they just call it the keg barrel game and bring it out of retirement? Heck for all we know it could be root beer or odouls

I think I'd do it right considering the rivalry. Keep the beer barrel retired and bring in a whiskey barrel ... might have to be resized, but I'd bet any number of distilleries in TN or KY would be happy to supply the barrel.

I may be mistaken, but I remember the whoo starting about the time David Allan Coe sang "You never even call me by my name" and the crowds decided to participate and add crap to that song too. Late 70's early 80's?
That's hilarious I do love to drunkenly belt that song out every now and again, to bad it came at the expense of Rock Top

It just rings around the stadium so much better without it, much more intimidating in my opinion. When did it start?

I'm not sure now, but I don't recall it starting until sometime after I graduated (May 1995) ...

I think I'd do it right considering the rivalry. Keep the beer barrel retired and bring in a whiskey barrel ... might have to be resized, but I'd bet any number of distilleries in TN or KY would be happy to supply the barrel.

Watching the UT-UK game I had the same idea. Both states are known for their whiskey more than their beers.

New Mexico State has their own whiskey. And we can’t even have a beer barrel trophy?
EnN8wMvXMAMeS7v

I don't know why this thread got necroed but any moral high ground the "ban the beer barrel" people had went out the door when Kentucky and Tennessee started selling alcohol at the games. #bringbackthebarrel

VN Store

Back