Beer (and beer pics) II

Me,my wife and friends are coming in for the UT/Florida basketball game in Feb. Can anyone suggest some breweries for us to try?

I think I need a bigger bottle.

mORUOPy9yY4xExQiFhz80wcXsAMjVGunQGjEUYJKIi2rUOYTy_qRivEda_bUqLhUGws5i8uZADP_MdVCOTkMeY8ZTwPX78H3uffU9j3_avFIi7CfUaud9hjAkG99LuPAG0fsamOc_eDfBBaZxJt13RgcKVXXYU2QNALuGIGHxpZGJClRza2QKi-Yp8PhXTqmZg81_jLt7Kzx2icLXnC1kKgsWiZu-7uBDICjhMfcDaJGabyxTyes_Gkdo41OZFsgFklX6pBlaFHKCuDpnII44v5N9pdteFQgd-zIvtQ6wyna0zOvMINJSdXjxctzbviPUIHMqUKvl2CNp90irtDaKYUY8Y_HnN__GqxE275Hb119ozUq-YwtKKJAx8ThDxLKPnywhpwc0sF-UcalImiN64ThoMf8eOj8yCLvMPEjNF0FVNLx5VAPQNAHXDjOrgBj-twSHv2-5xm9HQ11nNAkysVIsFI6dBmgEGy8b1zAPWEKHtV_ItwWjtYahKIRP4wL80eFn4DMlF1PBJdNS3CQzS3BkZrwId8gYLvYOgsBDSLs8fCe7rTB9v6R3ejHo48qX3-ekD9m3FwU7rPMb-43CXQKYooNyhZAEDcthNd2QnS6Y6QtrEs4UYYo0kjGls9GKM9Ca3WQvIbGziRcZS2Svelg=w1278-h1704-no

I enjoy many different types of beer, although it takes me a while cause I don't drink much. I discovered the hoppy citrus flavor a while back in some local brews. Therefore Sam 76 is probably my top marketed beer. I like any ambers along the Sam Adams/Yuengling lines as well. I like flavor. However, I'm not a fan of dark Stouts at all. No Guiness for me.

But, I am sitting in a gret burger joint and decided to try Old Rasputin. An old English style stout patterned after what was brewed for the Russian elite many moons ago. It is fantastic for my indifference to stouts. AND very stout. I'm having to sip real slow on my 16 oz. glass.

Growler USA in Macon, GA accross from the Mercer Campus. Great beer selection. Excellent burger. I might have enjoyed the yellow curry wings the most.

Reactions: Big Gucci Sosa
I enjoy many different types of beer, although it takes me a while cause I don't drink much. I discovered the hoppy citrus flavor a while back in some local brews. Therefore Sam 76 is probably my top marketed beer. I like any ambers along the Sam Adams/Yuengling lines as well. I like flavor. However, I'm not a fan of dark Stouts at all. No Guiness for me.

But, I am sitting in a gret burger joint and decided to try Old Rasputin. An old English style stout patterned after what was brewed for the Russian elite many moons ago. It is fantastic for my indifference to stouts. AND very stout. I'm having to sip real slow on my 16 oz. glass.

Nice choice! If you can find them, I'd highly recommend you try Founders Kentucky or Canadian Breakfast Stouts, any of the Prarie Bomb! stouts, or Cigar City Marshal Zhukov.

Nice choice! If you can find them, I'd highly recommend you try Founders Kentucky or Canadian Breakfast Stouts, any of the Prarie Bomb! stouts, or Cigar City Marshal Zhukov.

Its been awhile but remember getting a prairie bomb on tap somewhere. it was awesome!

I've always heard that just about any choice of Founders was excellent, but have never tried Founders. I may have to do that soon.

Not exactly, in nw tenn. But drinking high cotton atm while watching the game. Like several of the Memphis breweries.

Me,my wife and friends are coming in for the UT/Florida basketball game in Feb. Can anyone suggest some breweries for us to try?
Highly suggest Abridged. After that I like Pretentious and Printshop Beer. It’s been a while since I went to Last Days of Autumn but I remember it being worthwhile. I like Crafty Bastard beer pretty well but full of hipsters and a thousand barking dogs last time I went. As far as taproom, I like Hops and Holler.

Reactions: volfanjustin
Not exactly, in nw tenn. But drinking high cotton atm while watching the game. Like several of the Memphis breweries.
I’ve been seriously disappointed in Memphis breweries. They are mostly the same in the styles they produce. Wiseacre reaches out some but they’ve gotten stale over the last two years for me. I did pick up some Astronaut Status and look forward to Snowbeard. Got to Get Up to Get Down is an outstanding beer as well.

Reactions: Big Gucci Sosa
The compelling thing about craft for me is always looking for something new. Small town has only two distributors and they pander to the masses. That means the old domestics dominate the shelves. Havent heard about the two new ones you mentioned. I get some variety out of the memphis area. Wiseacre, and high cotton are available. Adjective animal, gotta get up, ananda are usually what we have. When I get out of town I'm hitting a brewery or beer store to stock up. Calf killer, crafty bastard are stopping places for me. Even though calf is little off the beaten path Gary at the tasting room is always a real treat. We do have a local brewery "Perrylodgic" and that offers some ability to wander in the craft world. I really am fortunate to be able to ask them to make a small batch, one off, for me when I have a party or event.

Reactions: 9296potsguy
Highly suggest Abridged. After that I like Pretentious and Printshop Beer. It’s been a while since I went to Last Days of Autumn but I remember it being worthwhile. I like Crafty Bastard beer pretty well but full of hipsters and a thousand barking dogs last time I went. As far as taproom, I like Hops and Holler.
Awesome I appreciate the suggestions

Reactions: 9296potsguy
The compelling thing about craft for me is always looking for something new. Small town has only two distributors and they pander to the masses. That means the old domestics dominate the shelves. Havent heard about the two new ones you mentioned. I get some variety out of the memphis area. Wiseacre, and high cotton are available. Adjective animal, gotta get up, ananda are usually what we have. When I get out of town I'm hitting a brewery or beer store to stock up. Calf killer, crafty bastard are stopping places for me. Even though calf is little off the beaten path Gary at the tasting room is always a real treat. We do have a local brewery "Perrylodgic" and that offers some ability to wander in the craft world. I really am fortunate to be able to ask them to make a small batch, one off, for me when I have a party or event.
100% agree. I try to not drink the same thing again unless I have to. Memphis always has the exact same thing. All around the same quality as well.

Reactions: tnuhcvols
There are some that I don't mind drinking again. If I could find the Crooked Stave IPA brett artisan series more often, I would drink those all the time. As it is I flop back and forth between some fat bottom, and wiseacre; throw in some new belgium, and sierra nevada. At least its not a 12 of bud light every few days.

VN Store

Back