Beef between Barnes and Hardaway

Watching the video, Hardaway quickly turned around and stood there watching. He legit could have thought something was going on. However his lack if experience by his words make him look foolish.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
No one is mentioning how Penny said he knew is player isn't the type of person to talk trash so Bone must have started it. Lol it didn't matter what he said after that point.

Time for... fun with stats! Before playing us, through nine games Memphis had committed 190 personals for an average of 21.1 per game. After racking up 35 more against us, that average goes up to 22.5, which is enough to ensure Memphis will be ranked right around 340th out of 351 D1 b-ball programs when it comes to average fouls (without accounting for movement in other teams’ averages). They were “only” 310th before playing us. But, you know, they’re the victims and we play thug ball.

Ve
Being honest here. Penny Hardaway is a head coach in D1 cbb now. If he is going to have long term success like the ones who already have, then he needs to learn to downplay situations just like this one. Going on justice crusades like this one after losses will not play well for him. He's not an NBA player talking trash and whining to the media after a game. A coach in big time ball has to show better discretion than that.

Said his player was "defending himself and got teed up for it". LOL! Do you defend yourself by running 25' across the court and getting up in a players face who is doing nothing? If that's a defense, then I can't imagine what he calls agression. The refs teed him up for defending himself? That's just stupid PH. You're guy lost his discipline and it cost your team points.

PH needs to mature if he wants to be a good leader. He's still pretty young.

very good summation

Reactions: sweetvol
I don't know that there was anything especially sinister about the handshake. No one really likes to lose. I think that Memphis would love to see a heated rivalry spurred on by the fans. All this kind of talk is just what they are looking for to breath some life into this series and give some emotional motivation to their fans and team.

Typical media frenzy about nothing.
If they want to drum up excitement for games like this they should have pregame weigh ins like they do in boxing.

That whole "scene" at the end just played out as sour grapes. Memphis' team and coach knew they weren't on UT's level , so they're butt hurt. Take your L , learn from it, and move on.

Reactions: Smokeyman
The people who keep saying Penny is a class act what did you see yesterday that backs up that opinion. There are several things people saw from him yesterday that were not classy.

Reactions: Dallasbowlin
Mods can move it they like. They didn't act like they were wild about each other at the handshake. Not sure what Hardaway is doing that Barnes and others object to tho. Hardaway seems a little arrogant.
I’ve met Penny a few times in high school gyms around the city and he is far from arrogant. He actually is a down to earth regular guy.

I even thought I was watching the Tiger High TV Network. Thompson III seemed thrilled about everything in blue out there. Every once in awhile I heard a crumb or two thrown our way.

VN Store

Back