Bednarik Award

IBleedOrange24/7

We've had some really great guys up for it in the past.
Now with Jason Allen, Omar Gaither, Jesse Mahelona all Nominee's this year, can we bring it home to Tn?
Myself believe so...but i couldnt really decide who i felt would, from the 3, have the best chance. All 3 are going to have BIG seasons IMO.

In the end, it's a big accomplishment, our 3 are all SR's so it would be huge for their career. Now who does everyone else think will win it?

I agree Mahelona is probably the best bet to win it from UT. However, after last season I just think Gaither is poised to have a MONSTER year. It is going to be a special year for out front 7.

I think Omar Gaither will have a monster year. Teams will double up on Mahelona and throw away from Allen. Gaither is kind of under the radar and plus he still has Simon on one side and Jason Mitchell on the other. You cant over look either. Gaither wont be targeted like the other 2 guys.

After reading your post's, I didnt make a pick, but looked at it differently.
Allen,Gaither, or Mahelona as canidates it would really be an honor, for one of our guy's to bag this thing. Allen will rack up stats, (personaly would love to see the UT INT record go down) but he isnt the big time INT guy, though back at CB, it could change...Mahelona, well the big guy's get left out alot in this award, agree everyone will double team him, and he'll still be in someones face, I do fear the dirty chop block on him, But yes the Outland Trophy should have his name all over it!
It being for all interior Linemen, D & O. This leave's Gaither', now as much, as im a fan of Allen and Mahelona, He didnt make alot of noise, but 92-93 tackles? maybe 3 or 4 sacks? 12 tackles for loss, it was quietly done. He won me with the tattoo he gave Jay Cutler, insult to injury lol, :nono: got us a lil laundry :moon2: but he made his point'(pun) and his example(Cutler). He know's where the ball is, It would'nt shock me if he didnt have 3-4 INT's by mid-season. So, sure any of the 3 have every chance. But i'd love to see the hard hitting, in your face, sure tackle, speedy, Gaither in only his 2nd full season at LB, WIN the Bednarik Award.. :bow:

Where is the love for Allen? lets not forget the monster year he had laast year. He is going to be so good this year.

VN Store

Back