Be TRUTHFUL...Pruitt, Saban, or Frost

Nebraska's last 3 losses were all against ranked opponents (combined record 31-10) and they lost those games by a total of 11 points.

Tennessee lost 4 of our last 6 games and 3 of those were to opponents that were NOT ranked (combined record 21-18) by a total of 61 points.

But Tennessee is in the SEC

Nebraska's last 3 losses were all against ranked opponents (combined record 31-10) and they lost those games by a total of 11 points.

Tennessee lost 4 of our last 6 games and 3 of those were to opponents that were NOT ranked (combined record 21-18) by a total of 61 points.

Why didn't you use our last 3 losses like you did Nebraska's? Just curious.

Saban, of course.

I mean, maybe if the choices were Saban, Dabo, Smart, or Riley there's some discussion but not the ones listed.

Maybe in 5-10 years, if God is merciful, Pruitt is in that discussion and we're finally out of the wilderness.
Smartt?? Lol

Pruitt.

Saban is too old; as Clemson showed, the game has passed him by.

Frost is more of a 'big fish in small pond' kinda guy.

I don’t see Saban doing any better than Pruitt at Tennessee or Frost at Nebraska with the current rosters they have. Yes, Saban rebuilt Bama, but in recent years Bama has been all about talent. My dog could step in as Bamas coach and win right away. Id like to see how Saban would do with a 100% rebuild, not a mini rebuild like Bama or LSU. I would take Pruitt or Frost over Saban to coach TN with its current roster and since Frost is a Nebraska homer and we already have Pruitt, I’ll stick with him. How he performs this year is going to be huge though. He gets a mulligan for last year, but not this year.

LSU hadn’t won the SEC in 12 years prior to Saban. They won 7 games combined in the two seasons before he took over. That doesn’t sound like a mini rebuild to me.

He went 8-4 in year one and won the conference and their BCS bowl in year 2. National championship in year 4.

Would you want a 70-year old guy to start a rebuild of 18 year old guys?

Pass on that idea

He’s 67. But yes, even if he was 70. He’d sign a top 5 class in year one and every year thereafter.

He’s radically altered the way Bama plays football from how they were doing it in his first few years. The idea that he’s washed up or stuck in the past is preposterous. Look at the team that won it all in 2009 and the team last year.

I don’t see Saban doing any better than Pruitt at Tennessee or Frost at Nebraska with the current rosters they have. Yes, Saban rebuilt Bama, but in recent years Bama has been all about talent. My dog could step in as Bamas coach and win right away. Id like to see how Saban would do with a 100% rebuild, not a mini rebuild like Bama or LSU. I would take Pruitt or Frost over Saban to coach TN with its current roster and since Frost is a Nebraska homer and we already have Pruitt, I’ll stick with him. How he performs this year is going to be huge though. He gets a mulligan for last year, but not this year.

You are still forgetting the important thing. A new coach can come up with enough players to start well. But as the game goes on and especially later in the season, the players on the bench determine the wins. Bama and other top teams have the needed backups; teams with new coaches usually don't because most fired coaches don't leave a stocked cupboard or they wouldn't have been fired. Until the fire is put out - getting the first team players, building the bench with great backups has to wait. That's what makes the difference once you find the right coach to rebuild a decimated team, and against SEC opponents and facing today's recruiting limitations that's a problem.

To fully appreciate it, look up the first recruiting class size that Johnny Majors was able to bring in at Pitt vs what he was able to recruit at Tennessee in his first year. In 1973 Majors' Pitt recruiting class size was unlimited. Depending on whom you ask, the class ranged from 65 to 100 kids. Sherrill has it pegged at 76. By the time Majors came to Tennessee he faced recruiting limitations. Majors’ policy to recruit extremely large classes of players was one of the significant contributing factors that led to NCAA legislation that limited the number of scholarships that could be offered both yearly and in total by any institution. His result at Tennessee was far different than his tenure at Pitt ... think being able to recruit both quality first team and backup players simultaneously for the difference.

Saban wasn’t Saban until he got to Alabama. Frost wasn’t Frost until he got to UCF. Let’s give Pruitt enough time to become Pruitt. We never know what he could become.

Reactions: AM64 and feathersax
Saban wasn’t Saban until he got to Alabama. Frost wasn’t Frost until he got to UCF. Let’s give Pruitt enough time to become Pruitt. We never know what he could become.
Saban won a conference championship immediately at Toledo, took Michigan State from probation to possibly their best season ever at the time, brought LSU from 11th in the conference the year before him to conference champs in second year, got them a national championship and set them up for another a few years later, and was offered an NFL job. Anyone paying even a little attention understood he was elite.

Saban won a conference championship immediately at Toledo, took Michigan State from probation to possibly their best season ever at the time, brought LSU from 11th in the conference the year before him to conference champs in second year, got them a national championship and set them up for another a few years later, and was offered an NFL job. Anyone paying even a little attention understood he was elite.
You get the point.

Reactions: Woke

VN Store

Back