BCS projection

Tnvolfan68

Ok this is just me but Tennessee may jump Georgia in the BCS poll:

It sounds crazy but Tennessee should have a computer rank of 7 while Georgia will be around 13th

My prediction Tennessee to 8th in the BCS Georgia 9th.

thats my story and I am sticking to it.

:bow: I think Auburn will jump OU.. and we will probably end up 8 at the highest since damn Wisconsin and Utah are stuck there..

Auburn Oklahoma will be real close but Oklahoma is ahead the win over Oklahoma ST is better than the Fla win
my top three

USC
OK
AU

thats a good point...im just hoping that when we upset AU in the SECCG we will jump into the BCS bowls....i dont wannt get stuck in the Capitol One bowl... :banghead:

I thought the winner of the SEC Championship was guaranteed a BCS bowl?

It's not always fair. I believe it was FSU tht went into a BCS bowl one year with four losses simply because they won their conference championship. That's the way it's set up though.

if we get to the SECCG and win it is. Otherwise we have zero chance at a BCS bowl.

I think we can beat Auburn, it won't be easy, but we can do it.

I will be very interested to see how Georgia approaches them in 2 weeks.

I may be wrong, but I believe we would most likely be playing Miami in the Sugar Bowl if we beat Auburn and Miami wins out their games. Doesn't really appeal to me but wahtever, a sugar bowl win is a nice win.

I have faith that Georgia will beat Aurburn at the end of the year and give these polls a nice twistin.... :pepper:

That would be nice.

But wouldn't it be equally nice to take down an undefeated #3 in the nation Auburn in the SECCG

You guys are too optimistic. The human polls have really screwed us. We may move up one spot to #10, but I won't even hope for anything more. The Coaches' Poll disgusts me. I was one of those that said "There's no reason to make the coaches' ballots public!" I was wrong, the secret ballot HAS to go. :bad:

Originally posted by volmanjr@Nov 1, 2004 9:07 AM
how the hell can we be ranked that far behind a team we beat?

There are a few reasons why the Vols are rated so much lower...

1 - The outcome of the Auburn game, 34-10 loss, may be in their minds.

2 - Historical data.... basically the Vols poor performances in the last 2 Peach Bowls are still being remembered.

3 - Some coaches have a personal reason.... maybe its a vote against Fulmer instead of a vote for Tennessee.... if it is such, imho, that is very shameful for those coaches, since they are hurting the players not the coach.

Something to ponder when you think about the Auburn loss. Auburn is currently 9-0 and rated #3. Last season, Texas lost to Oklahoma 65-13.... it was their 2nd loss of the season (the other was to Arkansas). Texas was 12th in the BCS on 11/8/03. However, they were 5th on 11/15/03. The human polls had them ranked 7th WITH 2 LOSSES. They climbed as high as 5th in the human polls. "If" the Vols can make it to the SECCG with a 10-1 record "and" beat an undefeated Auburn in the rematch.... I think the Vols have the oppty to finish as the highest ranked 1-loss team. That would also knock Auburn from the ranks of the unbeaten. The Vols would jump over Utah. So let's examine the remaining 3 unbeatens:

USC games: @ Oregon St, Arizona, Notre Dame, @ UCLA
Oklahoma games: @ Texas A&M, Nebraska, @ Baylor, BXIICG
Wisconsin games: Minnesota, @ Michigan St, @ Iowa

3 of 4 USC games are against teams that 'could' beat them. Notre Dame has been up and down of late... but it is a rivalry game.... similar to UCLA.

Oklahoma could lose to A&M or Nebraska (rivalry game) and has to play in the BXIICG.

Wisconsin has trouble scoring offensively, so anybody they play will have a chance to beat them. Purdue all but had them beat earlier this season... if not for an unfortunate fumble return for touchdown at the end.

I think the odds are good that of these 3, there will only be 1 left undefeated at the end of the season. And if history repeats itself... that will be the case.

My vote says it is USC. I know Oregon State 'could' beat them, but I doubt it will happen. I would have said UCLA could do it, but after watching Cal-USC, I doubt that as well.

Here is something that makes my day, though: The Vols can affect who makes the Orange Bowl. If we can beat Auburn in the SEC championship, I believe Oklahoma will go. If the Vols lose, I think it will be Auburn.

My prediction for the rest of the season:

Vols win the SECCG, Oklahoma vs. USC for the Orange Bowl, USC wins.

or

Vols lose the SECCG, Auburn vs. USC for the Orange Bowl, Auburn wins.

VN Store

Back