Bball BIG man

SmokeyVol

I like conebred
Is Tennessee after a BIG (7'0" +) man this year? I'm still waiting for UT to land one.

Man, how nice would it be to have a big guy like that who can run in Pearl's system.

I've seen him at practice and he put in a lot of time getting better athletically. He is stronger, faster, quicker, and jumps better. He is bouncy. Should be a solid post off the bench, never a superstar, but better than what most expected when we signed him.

We probably won't sign a "big" man next year. We are in on Carter McMasters(6-11) for 2008, but he is more of a wing, ala Dirk Nowitzki.

Not at the post. If we can find a big guy that can run, we will take him. If not, we will continue to have 6-8,6-9 centers. Pearl has already said that we will take another PF if we use our last scholly.

I think the last 7 ft guy we landed transfered. Henderon was his name I think. Wonder where he went.

Boomer Herndon. I think he went to Belmont where he was an All-Conference player. He wouldn't have fit in our system. We won't beat teams with size in Pearl's system. We will beat them with shooting, hustle, and defense.

We probably won't sign a "big" man next year. We are in on Carter McMasters(6-11) for 2008, but he is more of a wing, ala Dirk Nowitzki.

:dunno: I googled his name and one site had him as 6'9" another as 6'-10"...... They maybe old articles.

VN Store

Back