Baylor Title IX lawsuit by sexual assault victim

By the press? Beg to differ.

They were even covering crap going back to Manning's "mooning" incident.

Baylor coverage didn't pick up steam until much later in my opinion.

Baylor picked up steam later because the story broke later. That isn't indicative of the amount of converage each received.

I ran a Lexis-Nexis search of the phrases "University of Tennessee" and "Baylor" coupled with "rape", "sexual assault", and "Title IX" and got over 4 times as many results on Baylor. And that is just print.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Baylor picked up steam later because the story broke later. That isn't indicative of the amount of converage each received.

I ran a Lexis-Nexis search of the phrases "University of Tennessee" and "Baylor" coupled with "rape", "sexual assault", and "Title IX" and got over 4 times as many results on Baylor. And that is just print.

Baylor player Tevin Elliot raped Jasmin Hernandez in spring of 2012.

Tennessee players AJ Johnson and Michael Williams accused of rape in November of 2014.

Tennessee player Von Pearson accused of rape in April 2015.

Why did it take so long for the Baylor story to break?

Reactions: 2 people
Baylor player Tevin Elliot raped Jasmin Hernandez in spring of 2012.

Tennessee players AJ Johnson and Michael Williams accused of rape in November of 2014.

Tennessee player Von Pearson accused of rape in April 2015.

Why did it take so long for the Baylor story to break?

It broke late because Baylor did a heck of a job keeping it quiet.

The Elliott case seemed to sit by itself following his first conviction back in 2014. Baylor did a rather impressive job keeping the story in isolation. Despite his conviction, it still took another year and a half for the entire story to break.

When Sam Ukwuachu was convicted in August of 2015, the floodgates opened. Thanks to Baylor, the public wasn't even aware that Ukwuachu was facing charges. His trial revealed that Baylor had "conducted" a Title IX investigation and had chosen to do nothing. This brought on the torrent of sexual assault claims that the school had effectively silenced, including the fact that Elliott had been accused of rape multiple times prior to his arrest. Baylor used (and are still using) their private status to keep information hidden. They aren't subject to FOIA requests like UT, and they certainly weren't going to volunteer the information. Between sham investigations and threats made toward the accusers, Baylor kept the story from breaking.

Mind you, I'm not suggesting that there has been an equal amount of fairness in the reporting of the two situations. In particular, I thought dragging the decades old Manning issue back up was garbage. But, it's inaccurate to say that UT's situation received more attention than Baylor's. Baylor is still catching enormous amounts of grief (as they should) while UT's story has mostly faded from the public eye.

Last edited:
I wasn't. But now that you are celebrating one acquittal in the midst of this mess, I'm definitely back at it.
How's that Texas Ranger investigation going? I'm hearing crickets.

I can get you discount tickets to the Ranger's HoF on the Brazos or a free tour of Chuck's ranch in Anderson...your choice.

How's that Texas Ranger investigation going? I'm hearing crickets.

I can get you discount tickets to the Ranger's HoF on the Brazos or a free tour of Chuck's ranch in Anderson...your choice.

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about. Which makes this your most intelligent post on this subject, given that I can only assume it's moronic as opposed to being certain it's moronic.

VN Store

Back